Hello 14 yr old stepson is having withdraws from cellphone since school started and hates us cause we have rules. Not during supper,school, homework, activities, or after 10pm? Any advice?

We want to take it away and go back to house phone and maybe even forbid he's gf at the moment. Like in get rid of her. But current rules already piss him off. Help please. Bio mom purchased and gave cell to him. I'm stepmom with dad.

Momof2and1step

Asked by Momof2and1step at 12:06 AM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• This is life with a teenager at times..all teens.Stick to your rules they are fine.One note I had a stepmom didn't live with them but let dad lay down the rules you just support and enforce.But if he ever has to lose the phone,even for a day,let dad take it away.It will work better over time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Stick to your rules. If you give in then he is going to learn to disrespect you and his dad. All kids pretty much hate their parents at this age anyway.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 12:08 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I agree
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 12:27 AM on Aug. 31, 2009