Worry worry worry and can't trust even a doctors advice!

I feel like I am going to get an ulcer by the time my son is a year old. He is 5 months and I am just so sick of thinking I am doing the right thing and then I find out a few weeks later that I should be doing something else...and I just mean EVERYTHING...My doctor will say, vaccines are great, give your baby some water, this or that, and then I will go on one of these types of sites or read an article or watch t.v. and its like, water is bad, vaccines are bad, this is bad! And then I am forced to rethink my previous decisions. Its like what are they going to say next that is bad for my son. Who do I trust. And other countries do things different and sometthings they seem to do better. Not until my son was 4 months old did I find out about the new zealand crib wrapping theory and started doing that. Does anyone else feel this way and feel really paranoid? I was never such a worry wart until I had my son. Im driving myself nuts

soveryconfused

Asked by soveryconfused at 12:28 AM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You are losing it for no reason. My kid drinks so much water it is crazy, she has only had juice ONE time and she is 1. Vaccines are fine...or not. Up to you. You are the Mom so you do what you want. It's your baby :)
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 12:32 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• You do what is best for your baby. Every person, doctor, monkey will have different opinions on everything. But at the end of the day you are the mom and as long as your child is being taken care of, gaining weight, and healthy obviously you are doing something right.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 12:34 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• follow your instincts. do what YOU feel is right for your baby.

everyone is different.

and things change! Things were so much different from when I had my first to when I had my last - from feeding, and the size charts and EVERYTHING.

the best thing you can do is soak it all in then make a decision on your own for what to do.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:35 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Your instincts give you the best advice when it comes to your child.

Second comes your child's Pediatrician.

Third comes family and friends.

Fourth comes anyone or anything else.

Parenting is a lot of about trial and error. You'll find your grove and that's what you will have to work with. Not all babies are the same. Mommy always knows best!!!
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 12:46 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Vaccine is the matter of opinion and what decision that you makes does not make you a bad mother, I have been giving my kids water since they have been 4 months, I started feeding them solids since 4 1/2 months plus formula, follow your instinct if you give your baby something new give it in small amounts first, don't take Dr. opinions to close cuz there are thousands of Dr.'s and they all have there own opinions on how to raise your child, you can do it momma don't stress yourself out, good luck and God bless

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 12:50 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• its your baby and you do what you want and what you think its right.
    as for vaccines i thik they are fine
    as for the water well my dr told me not to give him water because children that little cant concentrate there urine well yet and they can become water logged and there is no reason for them to have water that young but its your baby you do what you want.
    dont stress you will always get different opions on everything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Most Dr's will say vaccines are fine, but it's up to you to do the research and make your final decision. Join a group here on CM if you're not already a member and look at the research provided. Make a decision from there.

As for water...I don't believe one bottle of water here or there is going to harm your baby, but if you give too much (and you can EASILY do that if you're FF), it can cause water intoxication. People HAVE died from this. Babies are especially at risk since their little kidneys cannot flush large amounts of water out of their system easily.

Recommendations and things of the like change as we progress as people. Just research the things that concern you, and go from there.

It's better to be a concerned mom, than one who doesn't give a crap.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 2:41 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• You are starting to recognize that doctors voice an OPINION. They might present it like it's The Way. But you have options.
    Different doctors have different opinions, too.
    You can ask questions before making any decisions~ research the answers at home. Discover pros & cons to anything you're considering. Many things will have risks to do them and to not do them-- see which path is safER for your child.

Welcome to Motherhood!
    ;-P
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:13 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• WHATEVER YOU DO DO NOT TAKE THE ADVICE OF THE WOMEN ON THIS SITE AS THE GOLDEN RULE FOR RAISING CHILDREN!!!! Half of them are out of their minds.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:29 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

****DITTO***
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 7:16 AM on Aug. 31, 2009