What is your child's most annoying toy?

Ours is this plastic turtle that has numbers and shapes all over it. If you press the top, it sings, "counting, counting, counting is such fun...blah blah blah 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10!! LETS DO IT AGAIN!!!!!!!" Ughhhh if u barely press it, it goes off, and its so annoying! What about you? Any suggestions on what NOT to buy?? lol

dennysgirl07

Asked by dennysgirl07 at 12:32 AM on Aug. 31, 2009 in General Parenting

• right now shes more into puzzles and books thank god, but it used to be a karaokee ( i know its misspelled sorry) elmo you could hit a button and sing along into a little mike. and she never stopped playing with it, ever! i even tried pulling the batteries out one day and saying it was broken, nope hubby got home before i had a chance to tell him my evil plan she was crying to daddy that it was broke and could he please fix it he was the best daddy ever. so ya that didn't work
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:43 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• There is a caterpillar that my mom got for DD last year at Cracker Barrel. It's green and it moves and it plays this LOUD and OBNOXIOUS music that there is absolutely no way to turn down. I finally got so tired of listening to it again and again and again and again that when DD wasn't around, I banged it against the floor until I broke it. Oops! LOL
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 12:37 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• My boys have a toy chainsaw. They love it, I hate it. You push the button and the there is a little chain that goes around and it makes the loudest noise ever and that is all it is, noise.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• His work bench tools, they are loud very LOUD and he always has to play with them when I have a headach, oh well as long as it keeps him busy
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 12:53 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I have a great tip. Put tape over the speaker. It muffles the sound and make it much more tolerable. Or just take out the batteries.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:56 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• My in-laws gave my son this toy, just a little thing from McDonald's or Burger King or something. But it's a Star Trek guy, and there is a button on the back where you can push it to hear him say 1 phrase. My son figured out how to push the button and will run all over the house with that thing clutched into his hand...pushing the button over, and over, and over. It makes me want to scream! I think the thing is lost at the moment, I hope it stays that way!
    kikikiki

Answer by kikikiki at 1:03 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• All of them I think. He's got all these trucks that have engine sounds that blast at top volume, he just bought two "pirate coins" and his thing is to clank them together as loud as he can against the tile.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Anything that I end up picking up. I don't like toys.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• My children are not allowed to have toys I don't want to listen to. So no talking/singing toys.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 1:24 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• OMG Chicken Dance Elmo by far! It DOESNT HAVE AN OFF BUTTON! Kinda like my two year old lol. Anyway never have I wanted to accidentally on purpose run over a toy until she got stupid chicken dance elmo aaarrgh and she loves the stupid thing adn will search for it all day if i hide it! (yes i tried i couldnt help it!!)
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 1:41 AM on Aug. 31, 2009