Have anybody have a negative blood test and still be pregnant?

My husband and I are trying to have another baby, but we are going to start trying in october. the first week of aug. we had a unprotected sex.. I went to my doc so she can check if everything is ready for me to have a baby, she gave me a pap, everything is ok.. but my perior was supposed to be here no later then the 17th. Today is the 30th and nothing, I had two home test done (negative) and a blood test on the 26th (negative) why is my period still missing? could the test be wrong? Has this happened to anyone before? I am very regular and I am under no stress or change in my life.. I am now concern that it can be an early menopause.. guess its too early to tell.. Any opinion will be appreciated.

yvonne37

Asked by yvonne37 at 12:40 AM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I am under the impression (from my doctor) that it is not possible for the blood test to be wrong.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 12:41 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• See thats what I thought, but i have been researching online and it is possible if the women does not have enough count of the hormone they check for.. its sooo confusing.. :(
    yvonne37

Answer by yvonne37 at 12:47 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Yes, but I think you'd have to have had the blood test immediately after conceiving for it to not show up, because the blood test is SIGNIFICANTLY more sensitive to detecting the hormone than a HPT. You could always call your doc and ask for another test, or voice your concerns at least.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 12:59 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• a blood test isnt going to be wrong. you either have HCG in your blood or you dont & you're not pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Thank you (everyone) for taking the time to answer and yes, I am calling my doc today :)
    yvonne37

Answer by yvonne37 at 8:57 AM on Aug. 31, 2009