every pain= yeast infection??

ok so it seems like everytime i go in to see my doc for a check up and i tell them about my new symptoms they tell me its a yeast infection.. what i find is weird is that my symptoms are never the same, how in the hell is that possible??? i thought all yeast infections had to do with swelling of the genitals, redness, irritation, odor, discharge and pain in the labias?? if that is true, then why is it that when my one doc thought i was in early labor because i was having text book contractions and symptoms, they do a pelvic exam and tell me all my pain was from a yeast infection??!!!! i dont get it!! how could early labor pains be a yeast infection?? they just feeding me a whole bunch of BS?

BUDDHASBABY1

Asked by BUDDHASBABY1 at 12:50 AM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had the same issue with my current doctor. I told her I had a mucusy discharge, back pain, cramps, & more BH contractions than usual...without even doing a pelvic exam or anything she said it was definitely a yeast infection. Well, I've had yeast infections before & they were never like that...& I've also been told that I'm expected to go into preterm labor. So, I asked for a 2nd opinion. No yeast infection I had just lost some of my mucus plug (like I had thought), but thankfully it was not labor either, just the way the baby was positioned. I'd ask for a 2nd opinion if you don't feel you got an appropriate exam for all your symptoms.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 1:46 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• if you have a yeast infection it can irritate the uterus and make you have fake contrations. thats why its very important to get rid of it and then try to prevent them. eat yogurt and talk to your dr about taking a prebiotic it will help regulate the bacteria down there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Aug. 31, 2009