two different ways....sorry its long.

my husband and I are completely different when it comes down to how to raise our son. I guess its the way we were raised that plays a part in how we feel.
We have a 4 month old baby i believe you go to them every time they are crying, that you dont let them CIO you feed when hungry not on a shedual of every 2 to 3 hours even though he will go that long on his own. I believe in cuddeling and rocking baby half to sleep for night time and that he will do things when he is ready such as rolling over sitting up and so on. My husband seems to have really high expectations for him he also thinks baby should be allowed to CIO be on a stricked shedual of when to eat and sleep and he doesnt believe in cuddeling baby and calming its wierd to me but i think thats how his mom is she believes you can spoil a baby and I dont. Iv tried being semi flexible and meet half way but its not working how do we get on the same page?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Aug. 31, 2009 in General Parenting

• I believe letting your child CIO but not that young, 12 months and older, I believe in cuddling cuz they don't stay that little for to long and then they want nothing to do with cuddling and rocking, I always feed when hungry, I don't believe in a schedule when it comes to feeding, I did give my baby tummy and time since he was born, and no I don't force them to crawl or sit, they will do that when they are ready, why force them to grow up.

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 1:14 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• You need to compromise, give your husband a date when your baby will go onto a schedule maybe? With ours we've always tried to not let them CIO for the first 6 months with no strict schedules, then at 6 months we start to slowly enforce a schedule, as we don't believe that it is possible to spoil a really small baby. Good Luck to you and your husband. Sarah.x
    mommatomanyy

Answer by mommatomanyy at 7:37 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Why didn't you settle this before you became pregnant??

The two of you need to have a long conversation and come to an agreement on discipline, education, religion, housework, etc. Please do this now!!!!

Answer by rkoloms at 9:26 AM on Aug. 31, 2009