Why do YOU stay with YOUR cheater?

I know that cheating is a deal breaker for me. I don't understand why any woman would stay with a cheater. I guess I can understand a one time fling, but a chronic cheater...No Way!

So why do you stay with your cheater?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• I'm with you OP. A one nite stand I could forgive but a full fledged affair no sorry. If he doesn't respect me enough to divorce me BEFORE he cheats than it's the end.

I also believe that marriage is a sacred covenant that you make with your spouse and god. But if your spouse doesn't honor those covenants than you are not bound by them. Now that's not saying it's ok to go out and sleep with someone else. It just means that you can leave the marriage and God won't hold it against you. But then that's just what I believe to be true.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 4:10 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Come on girls. I know women do it, but i dont know why. This is a serious question.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I think women do it sometimes cuz they are afraid to be alone, maybe they love the person, some might came to rely on there man and don't know how to cope so they deal with it.
    My hubby never cheated but that's what I hear from women with cheating SO
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 1:28 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• some women stay because there dependent on them and thats how they eat and have a roof over there head.some woman are just hoping 4 the guy to change.some are just dumb and some are blinded by love.i noe some women that know there men cheat but they brush it off andcheat on there men because they look at it as regardless there going home to 1 another and the side bitches and men dont matter.if my hubby cheated on me it would be a done deal.if he cheated once hell do it again and it shows how much he doesnt respect or cherish me or our family.
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 1:36 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• My husband cheated on my several months ago. We've been married for 10 years and have 2 children. I'm not sure why I stayed, but felt I should. Once my husband was caught, I think he realized the mistake he made. He has issues with anxiety and depression and I know that if I would have left this would have sent him spiraling down into a manic depression. Since I found out it has taken alot of time and faith to forgive. I can guarentee that I will never forget, but to make our marriage and family work, but for myself also, I need to forgive. This was a one time incident and I know alot say "once a cheater, always a cheater", but not this time. I love my husband and can say that our relationship is better now than it has been in the 11 years we've been together.
    sassycat000

Answer by sassycat000 at 1:52 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• It is very hard when you are put in that situation and you have to make that kind of decision. My ex cheated on me with my co-worker which was also a close friend of mine. I was so in love with him and it hurt so bad but I figured that we could work in out somehow because I didnt want to lose him. He ended up leaving me while I was pregnant for another girl.

Love makes you do crazy things and that is the main reason I stayed with him.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 2:01 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I stayed because I believe that marriage is holy and sanctified by God. I believe that just as the Lord forgives me for my sins, I also am to forgive others where they sin against me. I believe that through trials and tribulations, my faith is strengthened and I will be blessed for enduring them, because they only last a moment. My goal is to live a life that is pleasing to the Lord and He hates divorce. I want to do what God calls me to do and I believe that is being faithful to His word. I stayed because the unbelieving spouse is sanctified by the believing spouse.
    HaydensMommy007

Answer by HaydensMommy007 at 3:02 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I didn't. God hates divorce, yes, but he also HATES adultry! I refuse to share myself, something I waited so long to give, with some filthy whore my husband decided to screw. If I can be faithful to a man, then I deserve to have a man be faithful to me. The door swings both ways. I would never stay and degrade myself like that. I am worth more than that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Because those women are weak. They think they can "change him" and "make him see the light". Sadly, that is hardly ever true. Most women are not strong enough to know they don't need a man and still depend on their man for every need they have. Luckily I was raised by a strong woman who made it as a single mom until she met my stepdad who showed me what a man treating a woman is supposed to look like.

Women who stay are weak or delusional.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on Aug. 31, 2009