SAHM ON PA!

Okay, so I KNOW not all sahm on pa are completley what im going to describe but here goes.............I hate when women sit on their lazy ass, refuse to work (because they can live of the government) have a boy friend living with them (dont tell the health department) have 5-6 kids, get 800 a month in food stamps, free housing, free everything! Why not get a freakin job?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Money & Work

• Well....right now I am at home, with my 2 year old, because I was put on bed rest by my doctor (21 weeks pregnant)...I did have a job full-time, but even with that job I still qualified ,. My daughter's father stays with us, (was working but then laid-off), hasnt found a job yet and is attending mandatory workFirst..., we are on pa but Me, my daughter, and her father are all on my case. My daughter has a very rare and life threatening liver disease, which qualifies her for SSI, which we get on a monthly basis. People may say that's living off the government, but honestly, do you think I wouldn't rather have a healthy child than a free check? I also attend school full-time..(well since the bed rest Im doin online) so I can have a degree and not have to get PA....I love to work, because I HATE living off the state. Also, I know plenty of women who wont even take a job because it will reduce their food stamps, which I wont do.
    mzhazelrae313

Answer by mzhazelrae313 at 2:40 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Honestly, I don't always blame the mother. The entire welfare system needs an overhaul and here is why: I know a woman with two kids. She was having a hard time making ends meet and worked 40 hours a week. She went and asked for $200 a month food stamps, that's all. The woman processing her request said she made too much money ($10 an hour). This woman really was in dire straits and had already cut all the costs she could. The woman leaned over the desk and basically told her if she quit her job she would get $600 a month food stamps, housing allowance, tuition assistance, free healthcare for her children and a stipend for childcare. She quit her job, went back to school and now puts money in the bank at the end of the month and has more time with her children. So she only asked for 200 a month to keep her children from starving, but the state would rather support her completely. The system is broken.
    Iheartsushi

Answer by Iheartsushi at 2:50 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Hmm. Can someone please tell me how to sign up for that? I have one kid, an recently laid off husband and full time work and school. I wanna sit on my ass and be lazy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:18 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• it's funny how the critical ones are anonymous! lmao! if your doctor put you on bed rest, how are you being lazy? not gettin that one at all...but anyway...if you are struggling to make ends meet than you should get some help thats what its there for.....not to just make it your income and be a damn welfare queen...or to refuse work to get a free check...thats sitting on your ass and being lazy....and oh yea...my daughter's SSI check, I got WHILE working FULL-TIME....so what you got to say about that one?
    mzhazelrae313

Answer by mzhazelrae313 at 3:40 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Because the system is a trap. You have to put it into prospective. They get rent, food, healthcare - right. These are not people who are going to get $15.00+ an hour jobs, if they get $10 an hour they'll be lucky. So lets say they have 2 kids and no boy friend or at least the boy friend isn't the father of the kids. If she is lucky enough to get $10 an hour, then they may bring home $300. Out of that they have to pay health care for them and their 2 children. Dependents can be as much as $100 per week, that could be $200.00 off the top of the $300.00 she brings home. Now she doesn't get food stamps or rent because she has a job where she brings home $300.00 a week, but with just insurance it's really $100.00 a week - how is she suppose to pay for food and rent with $400.00 a month? I hate the fact that people live off us, but what incentive do they have to do more?
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 9:47 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• There are a lot of trashy people out there. I feel sad for the kids. What kind of mom has sex with so many random men and leaves her kids fatherless and does not bother to even pay for the kids herself. Sure the dads are losers for not sticking around but so is mom.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• works4 i dont know where you live but someone making 10.00 an hour would have to pay child care or health care. Making that much theyd qualify for free. I make $17.00 and hour an pay 9.50 a mnth for healthy families and 160 a mnth for full time head start for my 3 yr old. Theres plenty of resources and too many excuses!
    NIKKIANDYBABY

Answer by NIKKIANDYBABY at 4:28 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I have 4 KIDS all the same father, whom has Lupus I might add and he is unable to work because of his disease! I have an Early Education degree and teach preschool for $9.00 and hour because thats as far as my monthly gas money will allow, and barely pay the bills let alone anything extra. I literally save my tax check each year to help with "extra" things such as SCHOOL clothes for my children, and even Christmas presents. I am not on PA because I some how make too much money and have the means to get another job to support my family. So how dare some of you criticize people who actually need the help!

By the way my neighbor works at a call center has 2 children makes $12.00 and hour and her husband would rather play XBOX 360 all day than go to work. They get $320 a month in food stamps and help with housing cost's!

You could say I pray to GOD above each night for some sort of justice!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 PM on Sep. 5, 2009