How can take away the bottle from my daughter?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Just take it oway and give her a sippy, she won't like it at first but then she will get used to it.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 1:40 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I don't think old turkey is the most ideal way, personally. do it gradually over a week or so

Get her some REALLY awesome sippy cups and put something amazing in it, like choco milk.
    make the bottle as boring as possible... and eliminate it's usage slowly...... like start with once a day. does she have it while she gets her hair brushed or watches elmo? take out 1 a day, slowly and make the sippys more exciting.

also consider making the contents of the bottle less appealing. water down the milk or replace the milk with plain water
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:36 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• whoops i said OLD turkey, lolz.... obviously I meant I don't think it's advisable COLD TURKEY.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:37 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• if she woke up tomorrow and all the bottles were in the dumpster, she might freak the heck out and you could panic, ending up at the store replacing them.

slow and steady wins the race. just pick a day, like a week, maybe 2, and stick to it. make a little progress every day til she is down to just once a day w/ the bottle. then get rid of all the other bottles except one........ and then you could leave it in the sink dirty. I'd say "oooooh it's stinky! throw it in the trash!!!!" and have her do it. then immediately reward with a big kid treat and a delicious juicy drink a'la sippy cup.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:39 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• When we decided to take my son off of his bottle it was because he lost his in the house somehow and I said I wasn't going to buy anymore. We finally found it a couple weeks later and threw it away. He was grouchy for about a week because all he got was his sippy but he got over it. He was only using it for nap time and bed time before he lost it so he was already use to the sippy.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 9:03 AM on Aug. 31, 2009