Would you buy a used mattress?

dennysgirl07

Asked by dennysgirl07 at 1:57 AM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't think I would. I would be to paranoid...bed bugs, lice?

I mean if it was the only mattress I could get, then I guess it would be better than
    sleeping on the ground. ;)
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 2:12 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• no but I would take one from family. I would also put a waterproof mattress cover on it. just because
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• No.
    lighthouse98

Answer by lighthouse98 at 2:11 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I might consider a floor model, possibly.... but I'd want nothing to do with a used one personally
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:32 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I wouldn't but ....what's the difference between buying a used mattress and sleeping in a hotel bed? Is it any cleaner?

momsc

Answer by momsc at 3:20 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Lol yes, I have bought a very gently used mattress from a friend. (He bought if for his fiance who then left him two months later.)
    When my husband and I were really broke we found a queen sized mattress and box spring out for our neighborhood "spring cleaning" We cleaned them up really well and disinfected them. We also got a recliner and a coffee table.
    Devory

Answer by Devory at 3:28 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I have accepted 2 used mattresses in my life and both were from family. I want cooties from my family and not strangers lol.
    ItsMeGigi69

Answer by ItsMeGigi69 at 3:36 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• sure from family and that's about it
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:49 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• from family. other than that no, thats gross. our matress was bought brand new in dec 08...i love it :)
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 4:51 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I've never bought one but I've slept on mostly used mattresses my entire life. As a kid the mattress I had was one my dad had most of his adult life. It was already like 10 years old when I got it and used it until I was like 14. At the time my mom worked for this nursing home and one of the gentlemen she cared for died and left her all his stuff in his room (he had no family and really liked my mom). I got his old bed (yep, a dead guy's bed). I slept in that until I left for college.
    While in college my parents tossed the bed so when I came home for summer they had to buy me a new bed. It was the first new bed I had ever had and, sadly, I'm still sleeping in it. It's 15 years old and only a mattress now and my son used it as a toddler for awhile and now it's mine again (it's a twin, hubby sleeps on the couch). My son had a hand me down mattress from a neighbor that got it from a campsite when it closed, lol.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:12 AM on Aug. 31, 2009