Why do people joke around about the rapture?

So many times i have heard people joke about the rapture, most saying if you get called up in rapture leave me your truck keys, How scarey is that!! Do people not know whats to come if they are left behind, if you are not a christian plz dont bother responding to this. this day end time is already in revelations , jesus will take the christians and leave the sinners beihind. it is in the scriptures !

sweethonesty520

Asked by sweethonesty520 at 2:19 AM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• i have been reading the bible for years.every time i read a scripture i get a new meaning.the rapture is vert real,some believe some dont either from not understanding or just not into it.i dont have to understand all to believe.god is real,heaven and hell is real and its on every person as to what they believe.i dont want to be left behind and pray no one else is.the devil is busier than hes ever been but god will prevail.
    misslj

Answer by misslj at 8:17 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I think because it is either laugh or cry about it. I personally would rather spend my life happy and joking, then worrying and dwelling on something so questionable happening.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:33 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Because people think God and everything about being a beliver is uncool and embarrasing, almost all shows on tv talk God down, devil is doing his job to get as many people as possible, end of time is really scary expecially how everything is coming true from the Bible.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:34 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• What exactly is coming true from the bible?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:37 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• read revelations
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:41 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• By rejecting answers from non-Christians, you are just nullifying your own question. It's mostly non-Christians that joke about the rapture, therefore we/they are the only ones who can really answer it.

But... to each their own.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 2:41 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Oh I have read Revelations, but I would like to know what you think the signs of the rapture are.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:43 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I am a Christian and I believe in the rapture, totally. But I can understand why people make fun of it to an extent. I mean they don't believe it is going to happen, so they aren't afraid of being left behind. And it IS super crazy for us to believe that we are going to be caught up in the air with Jesus. I mean, I trip out on it myself -- wondering what it is going to feel like : )

But to a non-Christian, it must seem as "wacked out" as the people who were waiting for the Hale Bopp comet. I honestly don't think they are trying to be irreverent, just light hearted about it. I think it is the same as someone who would say "If I walked into a church, I would burn up."

It is just a light hearted way to joke around with us about our beliefs, without actually sharing them. We just need to keep praying for them, and make sure they know we are nothing like the Hale Boppers.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 2:45 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• All i can say to the responses is as looovemybabies says read revelations, and pray for understanding!!! this is not a off the wall topic and its very real , it will effect every single person god created, no one will be left out, either go in rapture or be left behind, applys to me and and to all
    sweethonesty520

Answer by sweethonesty520 at 2:53 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• anon43 there will be terrible wars, famines, plagues, and natural disasters etc. all this is coming true and has been, people don't want to belive in the word of God, they think it's all a joke.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:08 AM on Aug. 31, 2009