Do you look at teen moms any different than older moms?

I was just wondering people's opinion. I'm not trying to start any drama. Its just that I occasionally get a few stares. Mostly its from girls in my age group who give me dirty looks or point. I dont think there something wrong with having a baby young, as long as you take care of that child and love them, there isn't. I am 19 by the way and in college. I dont like to be stereotyped as a teen mom, it sucks. I dont like people to think that I'm incapable or any less of a mother than they are. My child is happy, healthy, and extremely loved.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:43 AM on Aug. 31, 2009 in General Parenting

• I try not too since I was once a teen mom myself (I had my first at 18), but there are some teen moms that make the rest of them look bad.

But that's not saying much...I know women in their 20's who are far worse (one is 21...three kids, one on the way, no job, no education, leeches off her parents, on her second divorce...etc)

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:46 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• No if there taking care of there child it don't matter, I don't think mothers should be judged by there age or judged period, we all do the best that we can, unless they are doing drugs and abusing there children I don't see how that is anyones business. I do wonder sometimes why 12-16 year old girls want to grow up so fast and not enjoy there youth.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:52 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• No. I am really busy so I don't have much time in my day to sit around and really care what others are doing or thinking. I am sure being an older mom people give me looks I personally haven't noticed it but friends of mine have gotten them. I wouldn't care but I am old enough to not give two shits what others think.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:03 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I dont see a problem with it as long as the child is well taken care of! I do get looks some times my self and I am 23!
    xxstacixx720xx

Answer by xxstacixx720xx at 3:03 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• my youth sucked. I got pregnant at 15 and I feel that if a teen mom takes care of her own then I don't look at here any different then I would a mom that was 25 and took care of their own. Get what I'm saying?
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 3:04 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• ? I had just turned 19 when I was pregnant but I never get/got anyone who points. Maybe a few dirty looks but nothing too noticeable.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 3:06 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I get where your're coming from but you have to understand that the majority of girls even at 19 are NOT fully capable. For example, do you have a decent job with a steady income and can afford to live on you're own and raise a child independently? Are you mentally equipped for not only your life but for the life of another?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:06 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• i am case by case basis. if your baby is dressed inappropriately and has cheetoh stained fingers.... mmm hmmm.

I really REALLY loathe, however, the teen moms who refuse to take advice from their own moms, parenting classes, or whatever. Like the girls at the mall with their newborn babies in cheap umbrella strollers... u know what I mean? Like the child has no head support and the Mom doesn't care ... she just wants an orange julius and some new slut clothes
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:11 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I think many of them do have it harder then those who are older, but other than that they are just moms! And bad mom's can come in all ages, so I don't attribute parenting abilities to age. Besides, I'm 23 (or will be on sep. 19) but I look about 17 or 18 so I know what it is lik eto get funny looks from people.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 4:39 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I was very young when i got pregnant with my first and was fed up with the looks, so I try not to. I try to look at them as I would any other mother, if they look after their kids well in my opinion their age has no bearing.
    mommatomanyy

Answer by mommatomanyy at 6:59 AM on Aug. 31, 2009