should i cuddle with my daughter when she wants it or is it a way for her to controll me

well i have been in a relationship with my bf for 9 months now and he tells me that the only reason that she wnat to be held is to control me and manipulation. i love to hold her. but he sais that i hold and touch her to much. i mean i dont sit around and touch her all day. i feel bad when she wants t o sit on my lap and he sais no moma she dont need to be on your lap. i feel like i am deniying her surcuritys. and he also says that most of her crys are for attention and to control me. and sometimes she wants to be rocked to sleep. and when i have in the past i love it and i feel good about it. what should i do? should i tell my bf that if she wants to be held or rocked that i am going to do it? please help

vannahsmom244

Asked by vannahsmom244 at 3:21 AM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yes yes yes give her attention, I think she want's to be cuddled and loved by you bcuz she feels that your boyfriend is taking all your attention, I would just tell your boyfriend that she is your doughter and that she will get all the attention she needs and wants, she is way more important then any boyfriend. I think he is being very selfish by telling you not to cuddle her and hold her.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:27 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• That's exactly what you should tell him. loving your child is a good thing. now when she is fine then sees you giving attention to the BF or someone else and she does this, yes she is being controlling of your relationships with others. I know it may sound odd that a child would do that, but kids can be very jealous.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 3:25 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Just make her feel that she comes before your boyfriend.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:29 AM on Aug. 31, 2009