have u seen this website? freaking clever!!!!!!!

www.walkscore.com

now, if I only could get motivated to actually do it....

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 4:17 AM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Walk Score: 0 out of 100 — Car-Dependent

LMAO...that's what I get for living out in BFE!
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 7:15 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• How walkable is your area? Visit WalkScore.com and type in your home address to find out. The website ranks the walkability of over 2,000 U.S. neighborhood according to a number of criteria, including the existance of a discernable town center, parks and public space, pedestrian-centric design, and nearby schools and workplaces. Hopefully, your community shows up as super foot-friendly–but if not, you can take action! Click here to learn more about the 2009 Transportation Bill, which you can support in order to appropriate more government funding for safe walking streets.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:17 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• That was very interesting! Thank you for sharing. Here is how my address rated:

Walk Score: 42 out of 100 - Car-Dependent

My teens walk to the mall that is really close by and we walk in our little neighborhood, but that's about it. The roads around here are highways and are just way too dangerous to cross and walk on - they have no sidewalks.

Again, thank you for sharing the site!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:39 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• how could it be clever to get a pedometer and figure it out?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:39 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Mine was 18... car dependent for sure!!! Esp during the winter in Alaska
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 6:26 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• well since im not in the US currently I did my sisters, and she got 51 out of 100, My moms house got a zero. She lives 6 miles out of town and its on a road that has Semi's going about 45 down it.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 7:50 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I just put in my zip code and got a 74. The post office is in the middle of a series of strip malls. But peole walk on my street all the time and the post office is within walking distance.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:24 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• mine was 12....not too good haha. everything is a mile or 2 away
    aguerra13

Answer by aguerra13 at 8:52 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• It didn't work for my town. We have a townsquare, and literally everything you could want or need is situated in the square or very close to it. I could have a thousand errands to run in one day, and I'd be done within a few minutes because everything is so close. I live about 2 blocks away. That site scored our town 17/100 LOL. It was looking at the highway close to us and the shops in the next town over I guess! Personally, I thought we'd score damn near 100!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 9:14 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Walk Score: 54 out of 100 — Somewhat Walkable

Not too bad!
    KlousMomi

Answer by KlousMomi at 9:26 AM on Aug. 31, 2009