How can they do that with a straight face?

There's a woman on the Today show right now talking about how important it is for pregnant women to get the H1N1 vaccine. The interviewer asks her flat out - is it safe? She says, "well, the data isn't all in yet." Then goes on to say historically flu vaccines are "usually pretty safe" but they won't know for sure on this one for months. She then goes on to say that this not-fully-tested vaccine that they don't know what potential side-effects it could have on mother or baby is safer than if women get the flu. The UNKNOWN is safer? Injecting an untested vaccine into an entire generation of unborn babies is safer than a flu that they don't even know for sure the vaccine will work against?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 7:53 AM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• They can say it with a straight face because they get paid a lot of money to do so.
    madamonet

Answer by madamonet at 8:45 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Why don't you post your question in the HEALTH section.
    Every individual should make their own decision about the vaccine. When you are in poor health & pregnant you should talk to your doctor.
    H1N1 seems to be more dangeros in the end of pregnancy due the smaller capacity of lungs
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:01 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I agree, I don't get it, I just don't get it. Its like talking out both sides of their mouths. Pregnant women should get it to "protect" them from the swine flu-but what is going to protect them if there is something wrong with the vaccine itself???
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 8:03 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

Um-bc this is a very REAL CURRENT EVENT.
    JennRN09

• it's the way of the government to brainwash us(try to) because they know us to be sheep and the herd is getting too large so they need to exercise population control. i believe this post to be in the correct catagory.
    Gemmi280

Answer by Gemmi280 at 8:11 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I don't know how they do it. Isn't this the same network that had Edy Falco on because of her new roll as a nurse and then seriously asked her professional opinion on the Health Care reform bill? And equally ask shocking, she didn't open with "Well, as an ACTRESS, I feel that blah, blah, blah".

Good times with network morning shows.  Dare I ask where all of the common sense shirked off to?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:12 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I recently took my DS in for a sick visit (they checked on a cough) and they offered the regular flu vax, so we got that for him. I asked her if they were doing the H1N1 vax yet and she said they wouldn't have them in until the middle of Oct. and I said that I have been hearing negative things about it and that I wasn't sure how I felt about it. She said she wasn't sure how she felt about it either, but she didn't make any comments about bringing him back for the swine vax. Not going to do it. DD won't get it either.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:16 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• My kids can't take the flu vax's or H1N1~ They are made from raw egg and they are allergic! Thank goodness....
    Leeshamak

Answer by Leeshamak at 9:00 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• It's sick that they would even say this. The UK has already found proof that more people have died from the actual vaccine than from swine flu. But you dont see that on the news. The creators of this vaccine wont even take it! That speaks volumes. Sorry, but my children and I are fine without paralysis.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• The government doesn't really care about a few hundred or a few thousand, or even more individual citizens. What do you expect? These are the same officials that send tens of thousands of young men off to face possible death on a battlefield halfway around the world. Do you think they care about a few pregnant women or their babies? There attitude is, "There's always more where those came from." They HOPE it works fine and try to ensure nothing goes wrong, but if there is a problem down the road it's not going to keep them up nights. After all the health czar's brother advocates mass sterilizations and forced abortions to fix global warming.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Aug. 31, 2009