What is a good stain remover for baby clothes?

My almost-7-month-old granddaughter still spits up now and then onto her shirts and I spray the areas right away with a stain remover.
I have tried Zout and Shout! sprays, but a lot of times the stains won't come out, especially if my daughter (her mom) leaves an item to sit for a week before putting it into the laundry room for me to wash.
I even put some Borax into the wash if set in stains are on some things.
I've had to bleach some things and then rewash them in a load with softener, but I still worry about her skin and the fabric.

What have you used that is good for you?
Any suggestions would help a lot - thank you!

PrydferthMenyw

Asked by PrydferthMenyw at 7:57 AM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The new OxiClean spray is really good and has gotten out everything my son has gotten on his clothes. I put the regular oxiclean in my laundry in case I miss something, but I spray the things I see when I'm loading it

Answer by missanc at 8:16 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Definately OxiClean. I use it to get the most difficult stains out and it actually works. I had that OxiClean got out that had been in the clothes for a LONG time!
    team21

Answer by team21 at 8:23 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I have tried numerous things. The only thing that is just awesome is the Stain Stik. Someone gave me a bunch of baby clothes, and some of them were stained really bad. All I did was rub the stain stick on the stained parts, wash, and voila! I was quite shocked considering some of the stains were 1-2 yrs old. It's excellent for poop stains also. When my daughter soils her clothes, I rinse it out really good, rub the stain stick on it and wash.

I don't have a washer and dryer, so I go to my mom's once a week for laundry. So food and things tend to sit on her clothes for awhile before they get washed. So I can very well say I have put the Stain Stik to the test! lol I haven't found anything that it hasn't worked on. I even used it on some of my period stained panties (after washing out what I could), and it worked pretty well on those too.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 9:11 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I use dreft laundry stain remover. It works really well.
    sopheeahsmommy

Answer by sopheeahsmommy at 12:23 PM on Aug. 31, 2009