can someone help me with some info on child support

so DH & I are expecting our 1st child. He has a child that he pays support for. So I told him when the baby is born he needs to let them know that he has another child. He said no bc they would raise his support. Now he pays 500 a mth for 1 kid. He did get a raise & now makes 17. a hr instead of 15. but I told him that they would have to slpit support between the two kids.
We live in Texas and I dont know how it works, so I was looking to see if anyone could help me out on this one.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:06 AM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• I live in NC and the amount of support he has to pay should go down since he has another child, but it won't split his $500 payment in half. That's just not how it works. There should be child support calculators online - just google child support calculator Texas and it should come up.

Answer by missanc at 8:53 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Yes, the child support will go down. BUT if he is still paying out based on $15 an hour. With the raise, it will probably go up. Unless it's taken out of his check..then it already has. So either way it might not be that much of a difference.
    Maya09

Answer by Maya09 at 10:54 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I live in Tenn. the way its done here is they based what i received on whatever he made for that yr i think its like 24% it didn't matter if he had more children my child got 24% ~ that's how they did it for me btw he owed 63.000.00 & i got ever penny!

tntornado45

Answer by tntornado45 at 11:23 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• in pa it counts if u have another kid to care for the oldest gets the most money and it goes down form there also girls get more money than boys...my hubby only pays 194 a month for 2 kids and he makes 9.60 a hr my ex makes 8 something a hr pays me 45 dollars a week i would go to ur state drd site and use the colculater
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 12:50 PM on Aug. 31, 2009