Does he deserve to see his son come into this world?

so I was with the father for 2 years, we had an accidental suprise when I found out I was pregnant-9 weeks later he leaves me.
about a month ago he started contacting me again, saying sorry and he took me out a number of times he says he wants to "try again".
Now he wants to be in the room when I have the baby- My Mother, who had to take me in and house me because he left and I was unable to pay the full rent alone will NOT be in the room with me, to see her grandchild if I allow him there, infact she doesnt want him to EVER see his son-
she thinks that the ONLY reason he came back RIGHT before my due date was to try and minipulate my feelings so I don't go after him for child support-
Like I said, we have been haning out and talking for about a month now-he STILL hasn't bought even a article of clothing for our boy- N we already got in a fight because I named him with out his "approval"
should he be allowed in the room?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• hes scum. rid him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I don't think you should let him. To be very honest.
    mommatomanyy

Answer by mommatomanyy at 9:12 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• No!! I would tell him to wait in the waiting room .. and as soon as the baby is born i would get my child support!!!
    lizzysmom83

Answer by lizzysmom83 at 9:14 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• You need to do what is going to make you comfortable. Shame on your mom for saying something like that whether she is right or not. And shame on him for being such a jerk. Only time will tell whether he really wants to be a family or if he is just trying to get off paying child support until then that day is all about your comfort and your beautiful baby coming into this world. As for the name. I hate to sound like this because I do believe in comprimising but when it comes to a babies name, the mom shouldn't have to. We do the hard part we should be able to chose the name. I didn't realize how bad my husbands tastes in names was until we got pregnant lol!!!
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 9:39 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I'm going through the EXACT same situation. Except my mom wants him to be there for his son. She is totally supporting whatever decision I make about him being in the room. I was always set on inviting his to be in the delivery room, but after alot of though I decided to call him after my son is born and let him come see him after. I don't need the stress. It's up to you. You may regret not having him there, but you may regret even more not having your mom there because of it. It sounds like she is the only one that has really been there for you, and the one you can count on being there for you in the future. It's a very tough decision for you. Personally, I'm having my mom in the room. I may change my mind and call him but as of now - no. You can pm me if you need someone to talk to. Good Luck. I'm sorry your having to go through this. I know how you feel.
    Maya09

Answer by Maya09 at 10:03 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I wouldnt let him in the room, but I would notify him after the baby was born so he can see him.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:04 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• This is suppose to be the happiest time of your life. Don't let anyone make it anything but that. Atleast he is showing intrested and wanting to be involed - that's a great start! Whatever you choose everything will work out fine.
    Maya09

Answer by Maya09 at 10:06 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Well... maybe he should just be in the waiting room if he is truly scum, but the reality is that this isn't about you, this is about your baby's relationship with his father, not about you and him, kwim? Love your son more than you hate his father...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Wow, I cannot believe the answers. He's your baby's father and has every right to be there when your child is born. Don't let your mother do your thinking for you. It's between you and your baby's father. It seems like your mother is the one with the problem.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• NOPE
    mommam58122

Answer by mommam58122 at 10:30 AM on Aug. 31, 2009