I have no friends in my local area...

I am not a very family orientated person, I basically have none, and I don't relaly have any friends nearby so I was wondering how to find people around? I used to go to a toddler group but all of the other mothers were quite uppity however much effort I made and in the end I gave up. So how should i get some? I joined cafemom to try to make a few but in my local area I can't seem to find any, especially mothers, I just want to chat sometimes!

mommatomanyy

Asked by mommatomanyy at 9:09 AM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I know how you feel. I am in the same boat. We just moved to a new area and I don't know anyone. I also joined a group, but same as you, the moms seemed a bit snobbish.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I'll be your friend! Granted, I probably don't live very close, lol, but I'll be your internet friend! Where do you live? Have you tried searching groups for your area?
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 9:16 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Ah thanks anon, it's good to know some people feel the same way and are in the same situation.

And hello there :). To be honest even internet friends are good! I just want to chat, get out of the house a little, well in my mind anyway...I live in the UK.
    mommatomanyy

Answer by mommatomanyy at 9:19 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Well, I found this group for you: http://www.cafemom.com/group/1715/
    There aren't many members but it's still active.

And you're more than welcome to msg me anytime you need a friend!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 9:23 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Thank you :)..
    mommatomanyy

Answer by mommatomanyy at 9:31 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Try searching on "yahoo groups". I actually found some that were Local and they do lunches and stuff.
    gr-mom2

Answer by gr-mom2 at 10:14 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• search online for MOMS clubs. I'm not sure if they operate in the UK, but they are really a great way to meet up with other mothers. They do some moms only outings, playdates, get togethers and stuff like that all year round. Good luck!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 10:49 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I totally know what ur saying. I live in Reno, NV and everyone I know smokes pot. I just quit smoking weed 9months ago and i feel so lonely. I am afraid if I remain friends with them I'll get back into the habit. And then on the other hand, I am not a church going person. People there just bug me. If I go to the casinos, I'll drink and i don't want to drink and drive. My husband works such long hours he never wants to go do anything. So.......I'm stuck.
    busymom1107

Answer by busymom1107 at 12:20 PM on Aug. 31, 2009