Anyone else hate seeing kids with pacifiers?

My son was given a pacifier at the hospital when he was born. I did let him use it for awhile but then at 2 months he gave it up on his own and would scream if we tried to give it to him. My best friend just got rid of her daughters at 2 1/2 and my niece still has hers at 1 1/2. I hate seeing kids with pacifiers though. My friends daughter and my niece both have very crooked teeth and I do blame it on being on one for so long. We use to call my nieces dad Bucky Beaver growing up because he had beaver teeth and was using a paci until at least 3.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When I had my DD's, Then nurses would give my DD's a pacifier. When they would bring them to my room I would throw them away. I have never believed in them.

Answer by louise2 at 9:19 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• i guess i have 2 much going on in my life to pay attn or care whats others do..i never notice
    peytonJJ27

Answer by peytonJJ27 at 9:12 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Well I think past a certain age that kids dont' need the paci's in public. When my son was about a year old he was only allowed to have it when he was sleeping or Napping. But if he was sick or had one of his special doctors appointments then we let him have it, he needed the comfort then. But for the most part it was ONLY at bed time
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:13 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• i snagged a pacifier out of a 3 yr olds mouth in a shopping cart at walmart. the parent wasnt looking...and i tossed it over to another isle. hahaa! i know..it was rude and mean. but damn...3?? come on... sometimes peole say you just wanna take it or say something.. well i dit say anything i really took it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• sucking is a soothing thing for the.... and to the anon that touched a strangers child if i had seen u touch my kid and take it there would have been hell... what kind of nutcase touches another kids mouth and takes something that does not belong to them and toss it? immature what are you 14?
    peytonJJ27

Answer by peytonJJ27 at 9:21 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• *them*
    peytonJJ27

• That's exactly what my mom did with me. As soon as the nurses would bring one in it'd be right in the trash.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I don't think there's anything wrong with them up to a certain age. My son had his to sleep with until he was I think 2, not during the day at that age. His teeth are fine, my younger son who sucks his thumb has crooked teeth so I think that's worse as far as that goes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• sucking is soothing for a newborn.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 9:26 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• yes i know this bassy... but she said she never gave them to her LO thats where the soothing line came from..
    peytonJJ27

Answer by peytonJJ27 at 9:28 AM on Aug. 31, 2009