I WANT TO WORK FROM HOME DOES ANYONE HAVE IDEAS?

I stay home with my 3 year old and I would love to work from home and not have to put her in daycare and pay all that crazy money for someone else to take care of her, any one know of a stay at home job?

Destany22

Asked by Destany22 at 9:21 AM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Money & Work

• Take a look at what you like to do. Do you like to wrap presents? You can offer a gift-wrap service- people drop off their gifts and paper (or use your paper for an extra fee) and you wrap them nicely (of course you make a careful list of what they bring and have them sign it.) Making meals that people pick up is good, only I don't know about Health Department regulations. Babysitting is a basic- and works because you already have toys and furniture for little ones. How about sewing and altering clothing. or ironing. Or laundry. How about a toy assembly service- people drop off the box and you open the box and put the toy together. Or how about a watch the game service- the parent hires you to sit in the stands and watch their child play in a sport or concert, you meet the child before the event and wish them well, and then congratulate and praise them afterward and tell the parents about the event.

Answer by Bmat at 9:34 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• This is the # 1 question asked here. I am 47 and actually work 2 at home jobs. One is my f/time for 11 yrs which is insurance, the other is a DSA/ Scentsy the wickless candle. I hve to admit Scentsy is the better b-cause it is fun & is on my time. The other is structured. Here is scoop on WAH. You can do anything that you put your mind to. Ebay is great if you want to sell childrens clothes, and womens clothes, etc... really you can do well if you list and work it. Other things as well. Holidays are coming up - buy things at thrift shops, yard sales & list on ebay. I've done the clothes thing and always sold! If you "devote" some work time, you can do this. As soon as I get where I wnt to be in Scentsy then I will quit and add Ebay also to my day b-cause I can use Ebay to supplement. Search here on cafemom for groups: ebay, resale! Scentsy is great also, but I don't Push people, I have info on my home page.
    gr-mom2

Answer by gr-mom2 at 10:22 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• m-avi

Sure.  I have created a series of work at home articles on eHow.  They contain excellent resources, ideas and information.  Also, I have a Blog about computer jobs sorted into those that pay via Paypal and those that pay utilizing other means.  You can check them all out at my website:

www.athome.yolasite.com

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:28 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I have a home business with AMERIPLAN. A home business usually pays a lot better and you have complete flexibility over when you work. Really helpful with kiddos =)

They do offer Daily pay as well as a huge Benefits package. No selling or cold calling either. And no parties LOL

My profile is packed with info but here is a great overview call to listen to 616-712-1118 jot down questions while you listen so that you can shoot me a call and I can get all those answered for you. Good Luck and hopefully I will speak with you soon!!!
    God Bless =)
    770-728-9938
    ChristinaDennis

Answer by ChristinaDennis at 10:45 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I sell Mary Kay and I love it I work when I want to and I do what I want to do when I want to do it. the best part is that the products sell themselves I don't sell I teach and there are so many incentives you can hardly keep count. please just watch the video and if you have any questions message me. I guarantee that you would be happy that you did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUMfHRMQGkA

MaryKayLady123

Answer by MaryKayLady123 at 12:50 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I work with Procard International. We offer discount medical, dental and more to our customers. You receive free leads from the company every month. Check our my website for more info http://www.procardinternational.com/kristens4761
    craftykidsclub

Answer by craftykidsclub at 2:51 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I started working at home not too long ago. I work with my 5 and 2 year old at home with my and absolutely love it! The comp I work with just recently won an award with the BBB so it is no scam! There are no parties, no stocking of inventory, and no MLM! Feel free to visit my website at www.beingunited.com or email me at rebeccabowen@live.com. Hope we can talk soon! Thanks
    Rebecca
    Rebecca325

Answer by Rebecca325 at 3:33 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• http://www.scentsy.com/My2Scents

Check it out, and if it's something you're interested in, let me know if I can help with any questions.
    Hope you have a great day!
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 3:55 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms (and dads) with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:30 PM on Aug. 31, 2009