Kinda a JUST For FUN One... Have you said something or done something to someone just to find out they were a priest?

Yesterday, the guy in line in front of me at WalMart left his pingpong balls on the metal part behind the checkout belt. I started putting my stuff on the belt and then saw them. I said laughingly " We you gonna give me your balls?" As soon as I said it I realized just how "bad" it sounded... The guy turned around and said "Oh, thanks the boys would have been upset if I left them here." When I looked up I noticed he had on a collar... So, I just made a crack about a priests balls... The guy at the counter just laughed... All of a sudden, I didn't think it so funny...

What are your funny stories?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• LOL. I don't have any like that. Most of the Priests I've met do have a pretty good sense of humor though so he was probably amused ;-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• not with a priest but i did say a religion slip, insert foot in mouth

i was on a first date, and the guy said something funny and sarcastic about someone,
    joking back and laughing i said
    "that was not very Christian"
    it seemed like he did not take this well and was kind of silent and cold shouldered after that,
    it took a while for me to realize that he was jewish

i did not mean anything by this, i grew up catholic and it was just a manner of speach, but guess he did not see it this way....there was no 2nd date
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 9:36 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• OMG! that was very funny!! I have never done that but It sounds like he didnt mind lol!
    toledoohiomom

Answer by toledoohiomom at 9:37 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I have lost count of the number of cracks i have heard from priest.

One of my teachers in college told the class many of us are alive because of a broken TV set one cold night.

During a homily a priest told a story of how he was cut off and given the finger. The car had a bumper sticer that said think peace...
    Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 9:57 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I flirted big time with this really cute guy in my apartment complex. Even did the whole gigantic stretch in a bikini thing at the pool just to get his attention. Imagine my surprise when I went to a friends church and he was the youth minister. I could not get out of there fast enough. I could never look him in the face after that when I saw him arounf the complex.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• LOL no.
    However, when I was on my mission we got cat called a lot and propositioned til we turned around and my partner would say Hello Im Sister XYZ from church and they'd wig thinking they just propositioned nuns.

Always gave us a giggle.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:08 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Yes... my highschool buddies TOTALLY set me up one time! It was a new school --- new town for me... so I didn't know who was who.... keep that in mind.

Well, we had a joke going --- and I can't even remember what it was... but ya know how there's a sign on every telephone pole that reads "Jesus Loves You"... yeah well, our punchline was "Satan Loves You".

Ya see where this is going..... At a football game one night, they dared me to run up to this guy & tell him "Satan Loves You"... I have NO shame... so I did it. They were just rolling on the ground laughing... I had NO idea why it was as funny as it was to them... LOL

MMhhhhmmmm... I was THE topic of Sunday morning prayer service for MONTHS!! LOL
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 11:55 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Took my Nephew on a canoe trip that was guided by our Priest. Priest walked by and put his hand on my nephews head and said, "An Eagle just landed on your head" . My nephew pretended to shoot the eagle. Priest said, "It is illegal to shoot an Eagle" Nephew pretended to shooot priest and said "Now your dead and you cant tell on me". i about died...lol We had to have a big chat after that one!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I can't think of anything off hand but all of these are VERY funny lol.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:01 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• When I was a kid we had a Priest in town that looked like a Ken doll. He used to surf and was really Hott! Everyone in town ould call him Fr. What -a- waste. My brother was only 5 and overheard them saying Fr. What a waste and said, I never did know his last name. LOL my mom was like NOoooo Dont repeat that LOL!!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:08 PM on Aug. 31, 2009