back labor on just one side??

I have had a dull backache that comes and goes since about 10pm last night...it did not keep me awake, but as soon as i got up this morning it started alll over! It is only on my left side of my back though, and veryyyyy low! Do you think this could be back labor? I am jsut at 36 weeks, and have been on brethine to stop contractions, u im off of it now...and im having contractions, but i cant erally go by that since ive had them all along =/

just wondering if it can start on just one side of your back..

StacyDeAnn

Asked by StacyDeAnn at 9:31 AM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No, and back labor can not be mistaken, IS HOOORRIIIBBLLEEEE.
    The baby is probably sititng more on one side than the other, causing the pain, my back hurt from week 36- current-
    THANK GOD IM BEING INDUCED TONIGHT AT 7PM!
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 10:37 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I had a ton of back pain towards the end of my pregnancy - I took a tylenol and used a warm heating pad. Does the pain start in the back, and move around to the front? You may want to check with your OB, esp. since you are medicine to stop the contractions.
    Unfortunately, I DID have back labor :-( NO FUN.
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 10:49 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Well I go in today at 1:45 for my regular ob appointment, and to get my cervix checked...i just dont know if ill even make it till then!!! its just on my left side of my baack and kinda on my side, but not around to the front...yet...it has def. gotten more painful as the day progresses!! I am at owrk, so idk if i should jsut wait it out till 2 or call my doctor!! hmmm
    StacyDeAnn

Answer by StacyDeAnn at 10:53 AM on Aug. 31, 2009