The clunker in your kitchen?

A new program geared to giving buyers of new energy efficient appliances a rebate is in the works. Considering how Cash for Clunkers has been run and the rate of return to the dealers, are you willing to put your own money out there and hope that the state will send you your rebate? $300 million dollars has been set aside for states to offer this program, but since it's a rebate you will have to wait for your check after paying the retailer full price for a new appliance. Do you think this will work more smoothly that C4C, or do you think this will be as big of a flop, but on a more personal level?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Oh good grief. Yes, let's encourage MORE consumer debt!
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 11:32 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Oh this is just going to far...
    Anonymous

• I just bought all new energy efficient appliances so I hope it works out:) I didn't just do it for the rebate, though. We needed them anyways. It would be great to get the tax credit, but I'm not banking on it.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 10:01 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Here in Washington they pay you $40 for each old refrigerator or freezer you have them come and haul away. They have been doing this for several years now. They take the old ones whether they are working or not. We turned in our old one after whe got a new one about 3 years ago. I am not sure if it's a local program or state-wide. This new program sounds like a nationwide expansion of the same thing.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 10:07 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• we are not buying form anyone that took the government bail out!!!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:28 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Heck no, The refridgerator I want costs $1400. The measley rebate they offer wouldn't be worth the trouble. Besides you can find appliances on sale everywhere these days. Automatic savings.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:54 PM on Aug. 31, 2009