ObamaCare Yay Or Nay? The Truth About Canada!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2jijuj1ysw

gammie

Asked by gammie at 10:01 AM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• BIG FAT NAY
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 10:06 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• heck yes. we need to follow fraces model.
    bamamom2212

Answer by bamamom2212 at 10:14 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• We need something different. Health care needs to be non-profit. Maybe then people will stop seeing doctors and hospitals as cash cows.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Illinois has a public option already and it's amazing. Illinois is the first state in the nation to provide affordable, comprehensive health insurance for EVERY child.
    It is called ALL KIDS and yes my son is on it. It is for ALL Kids 19 and under regardless of parental income. Even though everyone qualifies, you have to apply for it so they can determine what amount of premium you will pay. And, just like any other HMO there is a co-pay and you have to pick a pcp.

www.ALLKIDS.com
    http://www.allkids.com/income.html
    I'm in Premium Level 1. I only pay $15/mo for my son to have insurance! If I went trough work my $180/mo would be $239/mo. Huge difference. and BTW Obama helped create the ALL KIDS Plan...

viridian

Answer by viridian at 11:53 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Our model wouldn't be a replica of Canada's. Have you read the bill? Or are you waiting for the YouTube version? :)

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 11:53 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Alabama has ALL KIDS too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Illinois was first and there is no MAX income, everyone qualifies. You can make 6 figures a year and still get it in Illinois, in Alabama there is a cap. Illinois did this because it is more fair to business owners who make a lot but insurance is expensive.
    viridian

Answer by viridian at 12:12 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• "Our model wouldn't be a replica of Canada's. Have you read the bill? Or are you waiting for the YouTube version? :)"

I've read it and i've also read in between the lines, not just took the words for face value.. No, Obamacare wont be a replica of Canada's health care... it'll be 10 times more disastrous!
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 1:01 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• yes it would be worse. You are so blind that even if you had to wait 10-hours you say it's great:>}
    People kept saying how great it is in Canada, will now you know it is not that great.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 2:51 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Well, that about says all I need to know. We all know free isn't "free". It is just pre-paid except they people you are pre-paying your money to doesn't know how to manage a flea circus. Please tell your representatives to vote no. As far as the profit, that is what keeps the incentives in the research. Let them make a profit. Profit isn't a dirty word. It is just like anything else. You don't have a real reason so "profit" becomes the big bad nasty.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:53 PM on Aug. 31, 2009