If Texas were to secede, would you move there?

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-17412-Macon-County-Conservative-Examiner~y2009m8d30-Sovereignty-or-secession-movement-sweeps-Texas-capitol

proud2Bmomma

Asked by proud2Bmomma at 10:02 AM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Nope, I'm not that stupid.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I live in TEXAS and I'd stay. But that would also depend on if Richardson gets into the capitol. Eek; not too sure about her. I know she's not for succession - and I like the idea of at lease examining the idea - even if it never comes to fruition - I like knowing that my governor is willing to look at IF it could or would be a good idea or not.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 10:06 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I was going to this article thinking "what freaking idiots."

But, ya know what? They're right!!
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:07 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I'd hate to move, and not sure if I'd like living in Texas, but I like the idea of being out from under the federal gov't....
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 10:08 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Richardson? Do you mean Huchinson?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Unfortunately, would the Texas government be any better than the US? Do you really think that "we the people" would still get a say?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:14 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

I thought that was the whole point in Texas wanting to secede. Texas is the most citizen friendly state that i've ever been to!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I am a proud Texan, born and raised! I have been living in Florida for a little over a year b/c of my boyfriends job. We are moving back ASAP in HOPES that Texas will secede!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• YES....in a second.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 10:20 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• we moved out of California that we love, it was hard to live there with all the B.S . so yes we would move.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:23 AM on Aug. 31, 2009