First day of homeschooling and I am scared to death!

What if I can't do this? What if she hates it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Aug. 31, 2009 in

• Then put her in a public or private school.. and if that's not an option, then tough titty.

Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I'm sure she won't. Take a deep breath and believe in yourself. If she hates it then you can always put her into a public school. I'm sure she won't though! Just try to do the best you can. Good Luck. I'm sure it will go great.
    mommatomanyy

Answer by mommatomanyy at 10:07 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Eventhough I would never homeschool my kids, from parents I knwo that do it, their kids usually enjoy it untill about teenage years, so dont' worry. Like everyone else says, if it doesn't work out, you can put her in public school or a charter school
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:26 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• my 2 kids started home school last year, this year my DD went back to public school, and my DS stayed at home school. he loves it because he get graduate faster if he stays focus. my DD went back to public school cause she hated being at home all the time. if u need any advise or help with homeschooling just message me. GL
    okc-mom-2

Answer by okc-mom-2 at 11:07 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• If you're not scared & worried - you're not doing it right. What you're feeling is completely normal.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 12:07 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I started today too.

I think Laura is right...being worried is natural and something not to fret about feeling. It will work out just fine and there are alternatives if things go really downhill for ya. Just give it time.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:08 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Everyone feels that way when they start. The feeling will pass. It takes a few months to get adjusted and into a routine that works for you and your child.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 3:33 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

As most have already said, this is normal and it will pass. It takes time getting into a routine but once you get that figured out, things should roll along smoothly. Good luck!
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 9:23 PM on Aug. 31, 2009