My five month old tries to sleep face down!

She can roll over now, any which way she pleases. But I am not able to sleep b/c she inevitably rolls over face down. I am terrified that she will smother herself. Has anyone else been through this? Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Could you buy one of those things that prevent them from rolling over? If you turn her head to the side for her, does she go face down again?
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 10:19 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• She is literally FACE DOWN into the mattress or just lying on her stomach?
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:19 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• See both my kids were tummy sleepers, they hated nothing more than being on their backs, so I'm not sure I have any answers for you, cept that little wedge thingy that keeps them on their sides
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:21 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• my DD does the same thing... face pressed right to the matress! and if i put those little pillow things beside her, that are meant to keep her from rolling, she somehow manages to wiggle over anyway and then gets stuck!
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 10:22 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• yes, she is literaly face down, nose against the mattress. I turn her face to the side, but she just moves it back. So tired and worried!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• She is old enough that she wont smother herself she can lift her head. I wouldn't worry to much about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• if she can roll, dont stress. i wouldnt buy a wedge only because it hinders her from rolling which is a good learning experience and helps her develop.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 11:57 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Most of the time the rule of thumb is that if they can roll over themselves they can sleep how they choose. Ask her Pedi if your that worried, just a quick call should clear it up.
    But I think that if she is big enough that she can raise her head and roll both ways shes good to go.
    ThePopeVI

Answer by ThePopeVI at 11:57 AM on Aug. 31, 2009