How do I get her to stop???

My 8m old daughter is all about mommy. She will cry if I leave her sight, if someone (even daddy) is holding her and she knows I am around, and if she is just plain tired of sitting by herself and wants me to hold her.

She wont stop either I tried letting her cry for a few min but she just kept crying and crying. I dont spoil her. I never picked her up just because she was crying. I only held her when she was eating must the time. I have 2 kids besides her 20m and 3. I dont have time to sit and hold a her. I cant walk around with her on my hip while i dont things either. I'm not that cordinated.

If you could help me out I would be very grateful. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• A lot of kids go through phases like this. My daughter was like that, I couldn't even turn a corner without her pitching a fit. I didn't, however, change my routine. If I had to go somewhere without her, then I went. I had friends that were willing to hold her so I could do things, or whatever, she would cry for me, but they just held her and talked to her, I would always come back. It's just one of those things that babies can go through and I know it's tough, I didn't think I would survive. Soon enough she became little miss independant and was out of that phase, just hang in there hon, this too shall pass
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:20 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• highchair! while u do w/e u need to do , highchair! i found out my daughter will only sit and play while i clean the livingroom if theres music on ... she loves music! when i clean the kitchen or bathroom shes in her highchair w/ her puffies ...
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 10:21 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• She has been like this sense she was born! This isnt just a phase
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• My son does the same thing. I just stopped picking him up and started distracting him with new things. Its helped, but when hes teething, he goes back to the same thing. I totally know your frusteration.
    Sierra_Mistress

Answer by Sierra_Mistress at 10:23 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• thanks tha-hawt-mommie
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• lol no prob! we didnt get our chair for 3 mths, so i know what ur going through! if u dont have one , ur carrier would work too! i did that for a while as well ... make sure u give them a toy , binkie , w/e calms them
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 10:28 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Oh it is a phase, she will outgrow it. Trust me, my daughter is living proof lol. She was like that at birth also, woudlnt' even let her dad hold her. But like I said, I would leave her with friends, friends that didn't mind her crying, she learnied that I always came back
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:29 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

---------
    Ditto! Harmonis getting better now ... she still stares at me while someone else is holding her , but i tell her "mommas busy , daddy can play w/u til im done" ...
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 10:33 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• My daughter is the same way and she is already 13 months!! It is making me insane. I have to hear her cry while I shower, get ready, eat, drive, everything! The only time she is quiet is when I nurse her or I am holding her. She does get quiet when she is in her high chair though. Not for very long unfortunately. Just until she gets bored or is no longer hungry. When I am really stressed I put her in the bath tub and just stay watching her for a while. She loves that. Anyway, I realize I am not much help... just know you are not alone.
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 10:45 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Do you have a sling? Using a baby carrier could really help.
    You might look onto "Attachment Parenting," it really helps kids to be independant, strong, happy! :-)
    Attachment fosters eventual interdependence. A child whose needs are met predictably and dependably does not have to whine and cry and worry about getting his parents to do what he needs.
    Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:04 AM on Aug. 31, 2009