How do you deal with a mom bully?

Starting to get fed up with this woman. I want to keep things as pleasant as possible (since she lives almost exactly across the street from me), but this woman has taken my attempt at getting to know her as a chance to walk all over me.

She sends her kids over at all times without any warning (despite me having given her my number 3 times now.. the last excuse she gave me was "well, you changed your number".. which I haven't for the last 5 years!). Her children need special behavioral meds and on top of that are physically abusive to my kids even when on said meds... neither mom nor kids have any sense of personal responsibility about damaging our stuff, abusing our pets, or even covering coughs/sneezes.

Any time I'm more than short with her she takes that as cue to start the cycle all over again. I have to see her every day now that our kids all take the bus and I'm so sick of her bullying me and my family.

Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Aug. 31, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I wouldn't let the kids in my house. Or let mine go outside and play with them. She would get the idea after a while.

Answer by louise2 at 10:24 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Each time she comes over with her kids without calling ahead, just tell her you can't watch them. Have a list of excuses ranging from anything like you are all going down for a family nap or you need to head to the store later or you are doing a family project or your kids are grounded...I'm sure you can come up with hundreds of ridiculous excuses. Keep this up and do not give in. Eventually, she'll stop...or at least start calling ahead of time.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:26 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I agree with the 2nd poster.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Um that's a pretty easy soultion, dont' allow those kids into your home. I sure wouldn't. Nobody comes into my home wiht such disrespect for my kids and my house.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:27 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Dont allow them into your home. Tell her that she needs to take care of her own children.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 10:30 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I agree don't allow them into your house. Look for exucuses why they can't come over, eventually they will get the hint and move onto someone else.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 10:38 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I agree with everyone except don't bother with excuses tell her the truth. You don't need friends like that anyways.
    collinsmommy_06

Answer by collinsmommy_06 at 10:44 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I'm in the same boat...but with a friend.

excuses eventually end up biting you in the ass. just did with me....

I hope you figure something out!
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:50 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• don't let them in ur house. just come out and tell her her kids are mean to ur kids, and ur pets and r disrespectful. then tell her how she is taking u forgranted and need to stop. just be truthful. GL
    okc-mom-2

Answer by okc-mom-2 at 10:58 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Don't let the kids come over. When they invite themselves over, send them home. If she asks why, tell her. I don't allow disrepectful behavior in my home from my own kids and I will not tolerate it from other kids. I have sent other children home many times because they can't follow the rules, damaging my property, making excessive noise, being rude and unkind. Don't make excuses, just tell her the truth and move on. Just because she lives across the street doesn't mean your kids have to be best friends. If they can't follow the rules, then they are not allowed to come to your house, period.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 11:15 AM on Aug. 31, 2009