You know everyone is complaining about the Federal Government bankrupting itself, but what about the individual states that are running in the red?

Everyone keeps blaming the Federal Government for what is happening to our country, but what about individual state governments or local governments. The state I live in is hanging at 14% unemployment and in some areas of the state its over 16%. I pay more in state and local taxes than I do in Federal and I usually end up paying more at the end of the year for both unlike my Federal which I always get a return from. Plus our state government and local government is cutting budgets to the point where several communities no longer have police or fire and rescue. Sorry to say the federal government had little to do with that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• You state sucks and I would move. We left Cali they one of the worst ran states. I would love to blame the Gov but the State Congress and people are more at fault.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• The entire country will be Cali bankrupt if we allow the govy to do take over all they want.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:15 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• um, correct me if I'm wrong...wasn't Obama's stimulus supposed to create these jobs and create projects to bring states out of debt??? what, so you are saying that was pointless??? oh my...

So now, both State and Federal governments are broke? where'd the money go??? where do my taxes go???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I am equally angry. My state is planning on raising income taxes again, I think it will make us the 3rd highest in the country. Of course they are lib crazy and can't get their arms from around the tree to scratch their heads to figure out what to do about it. In its defense though, they have still not recovered from the federal government killing our timber industry.

When there is NO money programs, no matter how good, have to be cut. Many people/governments have lived beyond their means for far too long. It is time to pay the piper.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:01 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Of course they are lib crazy and can't get their arms from around the tree to scratch their heads to figure out what to do about it. In its defense though, they have still not recovered from the federal government killing our timber industry.

you do know that alot of republican run states are in the red too right? and that most governors said the Stimulus HELPED them...

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• It is just starting. Everyone is going to be taxed. We are not going to have any freedoms left with this president and this congress. The states have to go along with the govt and their policies. This guy has got to go before he puts us into another 2 trillion in debt.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

Right into Obama's hands!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Anon 9:17- I think most sane, educated ppl recognize that this current economic turmoil was caused by ppl in all parties and leaders on both sides of the major ticket.

The cherry picking is sooooooooooooooo futile and infantile.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:30 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I really can't say since TX hasn't run in the red for 9-10 years.. My city is doing fine though the largest city near me(Houston) is running a defecit.
    I can't give an opinion of others problems except to say that obviously they aren't running things as well as they should and people need to hold them responsible.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:40 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I hear ya. My states unemployment is 14%. And THEY HAVE YET TO PASS A BUDGET. The govenor already said he will NOT sign anything that is not what he wants, which is more spending which no one in this state can afford.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 12:42 PM on Aug. 31, 2009