Anyone know how to enable cookies

I'm trying to get on my schools website and it says I have to enable cookies, how do I do that, Thanks

NicholeAT

Asked by NicholeAT at 11:14 AM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• tools/ internet options/ privacy/ enable cookies (or accept cookies)

This is from firefox, but Internet Explorer is similar. - under privacy is where you find cookie handling. The Advanced Button lets you actually tell the browser what sites to allow cookies for, and Default may let it accept all cookies, I'm not sure. I use Advanced, then Accept First Party Cookies, Prompt for Third Party Cookies, and the one that you probably need most is put a check in the box that says Always Allow Session Cookies. You'll need to reload the page after enabling Cookies.
    If you still can't get in, you probably have the site set to refuse Cookies. Click the sites button (on the same page about Cookies), highlight the site and right click and change the setting to allow cookies.

Answer by Bmat at 11:42 AM on Aug. 31, 2009