Please only answer if youve ever had a c-section

the blue stuff that they say stops infection and is sticky...how do you get it off?

Mamaof2boys0709

Asked by Mamaof2boys0709 at 11:15 AM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Not sure what that is, didn't get infections either of my 2 c-sections.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 11:16 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I didn't get any blue stuff, but if they say it stops infection, I'd say leave it on till they say it's okay to take it off. You don't want an infected incision--I did, and it's no fun.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 11:19 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• No idea what you're talking about... no blue stuff was on me. The tape they used to put my dressing on with... took LOTS of scrubbing, cleaning with alcohol and elbow grease though.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 11:21 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I don't have any idea what that is either... I guess I would just call your OB and ask.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:23 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• i have had 2 c-sections and have never had any blue stuff on me, but i never got an infection afterwards. i would leave it on till the dr. tells you to take it off. GL
    okc-mom-2

Answer by okc-mom-2 at 11:24 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I have no idea what you are talking about because I've never had a C-Section, but because you said only people who had a C-Section could answer, I just had to answer.

sticking out tongue

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I used baby oil right after I got out of the shower. It took a little rubbing but it came off. The hospital also gave me some adhesive remover pads.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 12:18 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I didn't have blue stuff, I had green stuff and it just came off with showering and cleaning the area.
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 12:28 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• are you talking about steri strips? I waited till the edges started peeling up then had DH pull them off like a bandaid.
    Nesa_Z

Answer by Nesa_Z at 12:42 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• If it's the glue stuff they use, try baby oil and then clean REALLY well with antibacterial soap and/or peroxide!!
    babyruby02

Answer by babyruby02 at 1:14 PM on Aug. 31, 2009