Please only answer if youve ever had a c-section

the blue stuff that they say stops infection and is do you get it off?

Asked by Mamaof2boys0709 at 11:15 AM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Not sure what that is, didn't get infections either of my 2 c-sections.

Answer by 3rdDay at 11:16 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I didn't get any blue stuff, but if they say it stops infection, I'd say leave it on till they say it's okay to take it off. You don't want an infected incision--I did, and it's no fun.

Answer by pagan_mama at 11:19 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• No idea what you're talking about... no blue stuff was on me. The tape they used to put my dressing on with... took LOTS of scrubbing, cleaning with alcohol and elbow grease though.

Answer by Navymama at 11:21 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I don't have any idea what that is either... I guess I would just call your OB and ask.

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:23 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• i have had 2 c-sections and have never had any blue stuff on me, but i never got an infection afterwards. i would leave it on till the dr. tells you to take it off. GL

Answer by okc-mom-2 at 11:24 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I have no idea what you are talking about because I've never had a C-Section, but because you said only people who had a C-Section could answer, I just had to answer.

sticking out tongue

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I used baby oil right after I got out of the shower. It took a little rubbing but it came off. The hospital also gave me some adhesive remover pads.

Answer by Christina2135 at 12:18 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I didn't have blue stuff, I had green stuff and it just came off with showering and cleaning the area.

Answer by emnasmom at 12:28 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• are you talking about steri strips? I waited till the edges started peeling up then had DH pull them off like a bandaid.

Answer by Nesa_Z at 12:42 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• If it's the glue stuff they use, try baby oil and then clean REALLY well with antibacterial soap and/or peroxide!!

Answer by babyruby02 at 1:14 PM on Aug. 31, 2009