can my baby hear this?

i am 21 weeks prego if I put head phones on my tummy with some music can the baby hear it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm 29 weeks and was able to sing my baby to sleep the other day! I just had some music playing and starting tapping my fingers against my belly in beat and singing and he just feel right to sleep! So they can def hear you. I think it's 18 weeks when they are able to start hearing things, takes them a while to really hear and recognize mommy and then longer for daddy and other things.
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 4:43 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I use to do that...and when I did she would kick the snott out of me. I would play oldies. and now when I play the songs that I use to play,she goes crazy and jumps around (Im 38weeks) but I started doing it at 25weeks
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 11:42 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I know they can, but I don't remember what stage in the pregnancy it is. I'm 36 weeks and we have been doing it for about a month or so. We play the same song to her every night. We are hoping when she is born then we can play that same song for her when she is upset and it will help soothe her. Just a fun experiment.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 12:12 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I think I read at 26 weeks they can here you the mommy-and a bit after that somewhere in 30 weeks other outside noises, like daddy, or music.

JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 1:27 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• yep your LO can hear you, even without the headphones
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 4:02 PM on Aug. 31, 2009