gall bladder?

I just had surgery to get my gall bladder removed and I was wondering if anyone with the same procedure done had any short or long term side effects they'd like to share so maybe I could get an idea of what I'm up against?

09momma

Asked by 09momma at 11:27 AM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Health

• Oh yes... you're in for a FUN ride.

For months, virtually EVERYTHING is going to upset your stomach. The only advice I can give is to not venture too far away from a bathroom.

Eventually, your body will start to re-adjust itself & you'll learn which foods set well with you & which ones don't..... but it'll never be completely the same.

My surgery was 11 yrs ago.... there are still foods I can't tolerate at all... and then there are times I can eat a meal & be fine... then the next time I eat the EXACT same thing I'll have to spend the rest of the day in the bathroom. It just seems so random sometimes.

G'luck!
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 11:49 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I have had the same experience as Laura1229. But I know MANY people who have had no problems at all. So it just depends on your body. Try to avoid grease or fatty foods and that should help.
    I am just so thankful not to have the pain from it anymore that any problems I have as a result of it being removed are minor to me.
    Good luck and hopefully you will be feeling back to your old self soon!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:53 AM on Aug. 31, 2009