curious

soo if any of you live or have been to san diego.......are people really always this rude?!
went to wal mart and grocery store yest (we're visiting) and i didnt meet one person who had any manners.....boy there's no place like home!

AmandaN1

Asked by AmandaN1 at 11:45 AM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• That's California for you. It's not limited to San Diego. Pretty much anyone who lives there would rather slap you in the face than look at you or be polite. There are exceptions to that, of course, but it's the norm. I lived there for 31 years. I feel your pain.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:26 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I moved to Corpus Christi for a few months last summer - I came back with an attitude of "I'm gonna speak to you - even if you DO look at me like I'm nuts". Corpus was such a friendly town it made me determined to NOT let people off the hook for not at least being cordial in public. We have become a very cynical society - a lot warranted because of 'stranger danger' - but we should try to keep practicing cordiality for those people who are just people like us. Being nice doesn't hurt - in fact I think you use less muscles to smile than to frown.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 11:50 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I lived there for 5 years, I quite remember the rudeness! It is a largely military community, and not that military members are rude, the population is transient. It is a beautiful city, but when we moved to the Midwest 10 years ago I was amazed at how friendly everyone was!
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 12:41 PM on Aug. 31, 2009