Is this an abuse??

I've been with my child's father for 5 years now, I was only happy 10-15% of the time.

But he would put me down a lot and say things like, "you can't cook,you don't know how to clean,I pay the bills what do you do,you don't have manners,etc." And when I asked if he wanted to go out on the weekend, he'd say I'm trying to control him!

Well I stopped trying to please him. I only cook for him about 2 times a week, I don't want to have sex with him because he's a jerk, I don't want to spend time with him.. I told him I was leaving by October.

So Last night he groped me and demanded sex and I said NO! He told me to sleep on the couch then because he pays the bills and has 'needs'. I told him I have needs 2, but he never cares and treats me bad. I ended up sleeping on the sofa and snuck in bed later. Is this abuse? Am I wrong in any way? Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• Yep, its abuse and you shouldnt have to ask. Anyone that treats you like that has issues. Id be walking if I were you, you dont want to find yourself in a worse situation
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 11:50 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Yes it is abuse. Why are you waiting tell October to leave?

Answer by louise2 at 11:52 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• UMMMMM....YEAH! I'd leave that asshole asap! Why continue on in an unhealthy relationship, that's no way to live the rest of your life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I don't think so. Just sounds like he's a jerk and you're not happy.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:54 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• i dont think i would go as far as abuse. with him having you sleep on the couch. but i would call it marital problems. as for him telling you that you cant cook or clean and you dont pay the bills, maybe that is just his way of crying out and telling you that he needs help or more help with things around the house. i am not in your situation and he might be delivering it in a totally different mannor or tone. that would be one opinion, but if he is yelling it at you then i would say that is emotional abuse. sorry i cant be of more help. good luck
    BUDDHASBABY1

Answer by BUDDHASBABY1 at 11:54 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• abuse no! but i think people just dont talk to each other anymore till they whole thing is over.you see him as jerk and he hears you yelling "you can pay for the bills but you aint getting any" why because you never took the time to clear things out by talking to eachother when things bothered you.both at fault if you ask me
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 12:05 PM on Aug. 31, 2009