Would it be worth it to your family for your to go back to work and only make $300 a month?

I would not be able to work anymore than 16 hours a week. We are not hurting for money but it would be nice to pay some bills off. Would you do it? My husband is worried about the household chores and the errands that I do every week. I do this while the boys are at school, so that way when they are home I can focus on them and their Therapies (Speech, OT and Behavioral). Both boys are Autistic, so putting them in an afterschool care is out of the question. Thank you for your time.

MyGirlParadise

Asked by MyGirlParadise at 11:51 AM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Money & Work

• If you don't have to pay for daycare then I would think it would be worth it. Especailly if you want to get out of the house. And as far as chores and errands your husband is MORE than capable to help you out. Have you thought of working for the schools. I was a lunch lady for about a year, it was great, I worked 15 hours a week and I was always home when my kids were home
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:16 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• No, you should do what is best for your family. If you could do things a little different and still get the things done that need to be done at home and you could still work, then you could do it, but otherwise, if you're going to have a negative effect on your kids or your hubby by going back to work, I wouldn't do it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Nope... it wouldn't even pay for day care for me.
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 11:54 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I don't think it is worth it.

Answer by louise2 at 11:54 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• If you can manage it then it might be a good idea. It would get your foot in the job-market door, which is a big plus, and it would also mean that you can contribute to your SS account. Even if you don't end up with any income, there would be these two important aspects- plus being around other adults and keeping your job skills up. If it lets you cover some bills or have some pocket change, then that's good to. Go for it! If it doesn't work out you can always leave.

Answer by Bmat at 11:59 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Nope! I wouldn't go back for less than $1000 a month

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:28 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• You can probably save that much a month by cutting a bit here and there. This is a link to great tips for saving at the grocery store:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5223945_save-even-money-grocery-store.html

Answer by rkoloms at 8:25 PM on Aug. 31, 2009