Did anyone see the movie Coraline and if you have, do you think it is appropriate for kids?

MommyMerry7

Asked by MommyMerry7 at 11:55 AM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Entertainment

• i watched it, and no i dont think its appropriate for kids. i was watching it with my 3 year old and he was scared of it, i had to turn it off.
    BUDDHASBABY1

Answer by BUDDHASBABY1 at 11:58 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Yes I've seen it.
    And no i don't. I joke not...it TERRIFIED me. As in I thought it was quite horrific and I went to see it with my 9 year old and she had to sleep with the light on that night and she's not a child that is scared easily so I would say no personally. But obviously it's up to you and what your child is like.
    mommatomanyy

Answer by mommatomanyy at 11:59 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• No it is not appropriate for kids. It is freaking scary!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:59 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• i think its kid appropriate... except for the pasties part!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 12:00 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I dont think its right for kids my dh and I watched it before we decided to let our kids see it and it kind of scared me so I knew then it would not be right for my kids although my oldest son likes scary movies I still wouldnt let my kids watch it
    JennieHudson510

Answer by JennieHudson510 at 12:28 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• My daughter (11yrs) and I watched it. I was not the greatest. I would not waste money to see it. It wasn't worth the $1.12 I paid at the redbox.
    momoftwo9705

Answer by momoftwo9705 at 4:11 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:02 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• OK....do your kids like Tim Burton movies? I would start out with The Nightmare Before Christmas then try The Corpse Bride. My dd's are 8 & 9 and watched those 2 movies starting like 2 yrs ago. If they can handle that then Coraline isn't that bad. It's a little creepy...but it's TIM BURTON, you kinda know what you are getting into...LOL. My girls liked it!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 9:33 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• My dd LOVES this movie, she is going to be Coraline for Halloween even!
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 9:39 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I haven't seen it but all 4 of my kids have watched it with my dad. They are 9, 7, 6 and 3. My 3yo talks about it all the time and requests to watch it. I didn't even realize it was that scary but it didn't bother my kids. Then again, they watch zombie movies and stuff all the time and aren't scared.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:09 PM on Aug. 31, 2009