Has anyone used Paxil before

Has anyone on here ever used Paxil before and what was your personal experience with it? Did it depress you more or did it actually help? I just want to know what I am getting myself into. Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

psurmont

Asked by psurmont at 12:00 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Health

• The Paxil helped my depression/anxiety disorder very much! I didn't have many side effects, but I did gain alot of weight on it...about 30lb in a year. Just be careful to exercise and watch what you eat while you are taking it. I didn't feel more depressed, I had no negative sexual side effects, and my anxiety attacks stopped.
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 12:04 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• With the weight gain with me it was more like water retention because once I stopped the pills, I went back to my normal weight.Those type of pills anti-depressants and anti-psychotics give you carb cravings,but I figured out when I wanted to eat something badly it was really my body saying it needed to drink water,because they dry you out.I'm trying out CLONAZPAM I take a 1/2 of a 1mg. pill and it releieves me of my anxiety and calms me.This pill disolves in my mouth so it goes to work fast.I may be off with the clonzapam spelling get back to you later with it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:12 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Also with clonzapam, I notice no carb cravings,or unusual side effects,or weight gain.Well I don't take it everyday for that reason.Maybe once or twice a week or once a week if I'm not stressed.I have stopped taking those pills because I don't want weight gain but doing it this way relieves me a little which is better than nothing.Clonazapam is the best I've tried for my anxiety,Lexapro I didn't like and I've tried alot of anti-depressants and nothing calmed me like Clonazapam.I think it's a small dose 1mg. all the others are 5,10,20,30,and up.I'm sensitive to medications so that's why this works for me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:19 PM on Aug. 31, 2009