How much weight did you loose at delivery?

Maya09

Asked by Maya09 at 12:01 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• lets see i gained exactly 30 pounds with my son 2 days before i had him, 3 days after i had him i lost 23 pounds.
    BUDDHASBABY1

Answer by BUDDHASBABY1 at 12:03 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• 1st child-10 pounds
    2nd child 25 pounds

I gained about the same amount of weight with both of them, not sure what happened.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 12:11 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I gained 30 pounds and I lost all but 5 pounds, but by the end of the week I weighed less then I did before I was pregnant, maybe it was the breastfeeding. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I had a prenatal appt the day before I went in to be induced and when I weighed myself in the hospital a few hours after my son was born, I was the same exact weight! I dont get it... I had a 5 1/2 pound baby, plus amniotic fluid & placenta... I thought I would have dropped like 8 pounds but I was the same damn weight! The nurse said that I was retaining water which must have been true because when I had surgery when he was 3 days old, I was down 11 pounds
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 12:39 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Well I gained a TON of water weight with my first (so far not in this pregancy). The first time I remember weighting myself was a week after she was born, I had lost 30 lbs! Of course I'm sure a ton of that was water and DD was nursing alot (she had gained a pound by her first Dr visit, thankful there was a good lactation consultant in the hospital that made sure she was latch on good as assured me in the early days, and later more nursing is better) so I'm sure that helped too.
    hillmom

Answer by hillmom at 12:44 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• With my first, I'd lost 20 pounds when I weighed myself after a week. With my second, it was 17 pounds after a week.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:53 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• i was 126 and i came out 112 DD
    140 came out 124 DS
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:02 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• apparently childbirth is the best crash diet ever ;) lol jk
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 3:31 PM on Aug. 31, 2009