Do you remember the GOLDEN RULE?

Do your kids know the golden rule? (My MIL doesn't think it's taught anymore.)
I think I might over use it, my silly kids will probably be 59 years old and still have an invisible mom on their shoulder saying "Is that the way you want to be teated?????
LOL, anyone else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in General Parenting

• I know it and I taught it to my kids - heck sometimes I have to remind my husband of it. Everyone should try to live by it - instead of the molested twist of "do it to them before they do it to me".
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 12:09 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• My DD is only 15 months old, but we have said it to her before. Granted, she doesn't have a clue what we are saying, but here is a great example, yesterday we were at my aunts house, and my cousin has a baby girl (Kylee), who will be one in just a few days. Well, Taylee hasn't learned to share very well yet (she is an only child), so she was playing with a toy and Kylee wanted it. So when Kylee took it from her, Taylee got mad and pushed her. So I picked her up and put her in time out and I told her, "You don't like when she is mean to you, so you do not need to be mean to her." Simple.
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 12:14 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I do with my son... The doggie is nice to you, so you should be nice to the dog. Our friends are nice, so we should be nice to our friends. Treat others how you want to be treated... It is that simple
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 12:25 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Here's a good example of the Golden rule....

I love this video!
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 12:59 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ci613QcC5E

Ooops guess the embed code wasn't right, here's the link. :)

CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 1:00 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I disagree with the golden rule. It should be, treat people how they wish to be treated, NOT how YOU wish to be treated. Everyone is different and your friend may not like you to hug them when they cry. you should repsect that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Aug. 31, 2009