Until medical bills do us part?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/30/opinion/30kristof.html?_r=1

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Stop using dem infested garbage. No one wants this crap of a reform, you want real reform try reading the Empowering Patients First Act.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Just another example of the system trying to break up families. Ex... I have health problems but was told I did not qualify for a medical card we pull in about 30 grand a year. My husband works and I don't.

They told me if I was single and had one less person in the house (my hubby) I could pull in the same amount of money and be less sick and walk out with a med card. Why does the government hate nuclear families?

I'm not sure the Obama plan is the best option but something desperately needs to be done. Why don't ppl quit complaining about Obama and come up with something better if his plan is so damn bad.

I'm not saying that as an insult I am serious. Come up with a better plan or quit complaining.
    angelachristine

Answer by angelachristine at 2:22 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• The republicans have offered what they would consider better plans, however, unfortunately this Administration has been ignoring the right since January 20, 2009.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:32 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• * angelachristine
    They have read it Empowering Patients First Act. H.R. 3400
    Anonymous

• Is it going to do anything about the ridiculously high copays, expensive drugs etc..? My hubby has insurance but he can't afford to get sick b/c of the copays and deductibles and if they would prescribe something not on the plan he wouldn't be able to afford it.

Sure they are giving you money for insurance but if they don't do something about the other stuff ppl still won't be able to afford to get medical care.
    angelachristine

Answer by angelachristine at 2:38 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• http://fleming.house.gov/uploads/Empowering%20Patients%20First%20Act.pdf

Read that AngelaC it shows you the four main points of the bill H.R.3400

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:57 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I read it. I'm not sold on anything just yet so I'd be open to anything. I like the performance based aspect of it b/c it's horrible how some dr's can be complete quacks and as long as they get you in and out get the same pay as an excellent one.

Some of it sounds good and I might have missed it I didn't see anything about deductibles and drug benefits.

I think we need to put the smack down on the pharma companies b/c there is no reason why drugs should be so much cheaper in Canada when it's the same darn stuff sometimes even from the same manufacturing plant.

If I can make something in the us pay import fees and ship to canada then pay export fees to the us and shipping costs to my door and it's cheaper than going to my local CVS something is wrong.
    angelachristine

Answer by angelachristine at 3:09 PM on Aug. 31, 2009