Not a good morning... pls help!

My H and I are separating after 9 years, we have a DD-9 & DS-6, he still lives in the house since he is looking for a place. Since we had the talk about him wanting to leave I told him I did not want any of this to turn ugly, we have little to no conversations when we're aound. All of our finances & everything are still the same but today I was checking our bank acounts (dont do this often) and saw that in 1 of them we had some extra $, called him to ask where that money came from. We had a settlement pending for some personal property and he said that the check came and he deposit it without informing me because his not talking to me. He took some of the $ to pay some bills but I feel upset and betrayed by his actions. I have tried for this whole thing to go as sooth as possible but now I feel that things are not going to go as sooth as I thought, I am very scared, confused and dont want for things to be bad, pls help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• Start your own bank account, take some of that money and deposit it.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 12:17 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• i dont understand why your upset if your getting rid of him,isnt that what you want?
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 12:21 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Things are never in a fairy tale way when parting.
    I agree you need to seperate funds NOW before you end up getting screwed over.
    BITTERSWEET72

Answer by BITTERSWEET72 at 12:21 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Start your own, save as much as you can.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 12:22 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• wait i dont understand, you're upset because there is MORE money in the account? i mean if he cleared the account i would be pissed! i agree with the others open your own account before he does clear it! in fact he may be doing that now!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 12:24 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Take whatever is left and put it in your own account. That way if anything happens you have money. He can't say anything about it other than get mad cause your still married. And if he starts to get ugly with you your just gonna do whatever you have to do to make life better for you and your children. It just seems like he doesn't care what will happen to you even if it means hurting his kids. Ive seen this to many times you take care of yourself. Im sorry your going through this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Don't be scared get angry just do things in a smart sneaky way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• get statements of how your bank account looks now. Make sure you keep records of all your banking info, assets and all that...this way if he tried to be sneaky you can prove it in court if you have to. I did not do this, & got kind of screwed financially. He walked off w/ a lot & i got off w/ an over due credit card that he ran up....but it was in my name & i could not prove that he ran it up. I now have creditors after me for it & i cannot pay it back. But, just saying....be smart w/ your acounts, know what going on there.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:50 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Sit down and divide the money and open separate accounts. He paid bills. That was responsible unless they were all his bills and not joint bills.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:02 PM on Aug. 31, 2009