Anyone else constantly sore from the waist down?

I'm 36 weeks and for as long as I can remember now, I'm sore all the time. It is really hard for me to put on my underwear and pants in the morning. Also, when I sit for even a short period of time and then get up, my legs and thighs are really sore. The feeling reminds me of if you were to go run a mile after not having exercised in a while, and then the next day you are so sore you can't move. Should I be doing some stretches or something to help this? I'm afraid if I feel like this now, I will be really uncomfortable during labor.

moviemom22

Asked by moviemom22 at 12:27 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I felt the same way with my second. It's from the pressure and extra weight of the baby. I'm not sure there's much you can do about it, or at least there was nothing I found that helped me. Is it your first? If you haven't experienced labor before, trust me, your sore legs aren't going to be on your mind at all, lol. But on the plus side, after you have the baby they'll go back to normal. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:48 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I agree with the first post...I'm in the same boat right now and I'm 37 weeks. There's really nothing you can do about it. The only thing I've been doing is going to the chiropractor to help with the pain in my hips...but it's not going to totally go away till after I have the baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I agree with the first two posters.. I am 35 weeks pregnant and have felt this way since about 2 wks ago! The only thing I found that even remotely comes close to helping is taking a warm bath to help ease the pain on the muscles. Your almost there Mama just hang in there a couple more weeks!
    Cameolynn

Answer by Cameolynn at 2:45 PM on Aug. 31, 2009