How do I get my son to sleep in his own bed

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Don't let him sleep in yours. If he comes in, put him back in his bed
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:39 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• before getting him a new bed, get him all psyched for it. Tell him "you have a big suprise coming, your going to have your own big boy bed", make it a party..put a few candy pieces in his bed when he forst gets in. There are plenty of things you can do to get him pumped up for his new bed. Maybe get him something cool, something that has like a tent cover. I don't know how old he is. My daughter slept w/ me until she was 4...lol! But, i was just as addicted to it as she was. BUT, eventually my fiance & i wanted to move in together. And this was going to be an issue. There WERE times when she wanted to sleep with me after she got her new bed, but getting her psyched for her new bed worked really well. Just thought I'd share my story
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:45 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• This is what worked for me when I had to make her sleep in her own bed. We used to fight every night to get her to sleep in her room. She was so use to sleeping with me, but when I got married, of course it was time for her to go. She would scream and cry for hours. I'd get frustrated and scream back at her. Then we'd both wake up tired from all the night's drama.

Get a routine started. I started bathing her at night, reading her a story, and play a praise & worship cd with soft music for her throughout the night or I put the radio on the jazz station, yes my 5 yr old loves jazz. Make sure that the music is something that will relax him, not something that will have his mind jumping all night. It worked the first night and has ever since. I hope this helps you.
    mrslourob

Answer by mrslourob at 9:52 AM on Sep. 2, 2009