Do you have the same political views as your parents?

Are your parents Conserves and you are too? Your parents Libs and you are too? Or are you the opposite of what your parents are?

My parents are staunch Republicans and I am a Lib all the way. What about you and your parents? And how do you deal with it if you are opposite?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Yeah my whole family and whole community have a brain and we are republican!

Only one brain to share between the lot? That sucks, maybe you should follow the yellow brick road and ask for one of your own! ......big smile mini

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:32 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• yeah were all pretty liberal
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 12:44 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I didn't find out until after I was an adult and started to bring up my Conservative political views to my parents that I realized they were Conservatives also. We don't get down into the nitty-gritty to know if we agree on everything, but basically, I guess you could say we have the same political views.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 12:46 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Nope. My mom is a Democrat from another time (more like a moderate is these days). We have differing views on a few issues, but we can agree on a lot of things. I used to consider myself as a moderate Republican, but I am thinking I am more Libertarian than anything anymore.

My dad was pretty conservative, so I imagine that we would have a lot in common if he were still alive.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:47 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• My mom is very liberal. her brother VERY conservative!

My grandparents were registered as republicans only because one of their neighbors was running for office and wanted everyone registered to vote for him....so they registered republican but voted mostly democrat (this was back in the 40's)

My Uncle is still a republican and very conservative , his wife is too...although she is moderate

Myself and both sisters are all liberals
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:47 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• No, my parents have their head in the sand and think that nothing we do will ever make any difference. I'm not blaming my parents BUT, I do think it's that kind of complacent obedience that's helped get us into the mess of bigger and bigger government. My parents vote - but they are not active politically - they're barely informed.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 12:48 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Both of my parents are dead but they were democrats. As soon as I left home I became a Republican. My dad expected the govt to pay for everything while he did not take responsibility. He never understood that you have to earn what you receive. You don't get a free ride.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• My mom was liberal, and I am too, so are all of my brothers. My dad is more third party.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:51 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I'm a tad more liberal then them but we are all liberal Dems.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• My dad is very informed, is a reg. Democrat, is socially quite moderate, but fiscally conservative. He reads multiple sources a day-has loads of free time. My mother is my dad's puppet, enough said.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:57 PM on Aug. 31, 2009