Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are there any child care operators that can help me out?

I'm a mom of an autistic child, having very much difficulty with finding work (and probably keeping a job) because no child care center is willing to care for him because of his question is toward center operators/owners:

I'm thinking about starting my own child care center for children in the spectrum, should I play it smart and try to look up churches that might allow me to use their building as grounds for such a center? Unfortunately I'm staying with family so I could not use my house for this purpose. I've never ventured out like this except that I have taught in centers. What are some things that I should be looking into to begin this? Will the government help me with anything?

Thank You for all your replies in advance

Answer Question

Asked by msjessie1879 at 12:50 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Money & Work

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • wow i didn't know they could turn you away, my brother has high functioning autism, he went to tutor time when he was 4. he wasn't diagnosed yet but he sure was a lil fireball. his preschool which was at a public school kicked him out.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

  • Check with your local school system; they may offer childcare services for children with special needs.

    Answer by rkoloms at 8:19 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.