What do you usually fix for you and kids to eat for lunch?

I am so tired of the usuals and need some ideas. My DD is 27 months old and we normally eat almond butter sandwiches, salads, tuna fish and crackers etc.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:51 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I make our own lunchables and serve them on the porcelin Dora tea set that I got at a yard sale...the cups are no bigger than a thimble and I just put it all on a cookie sheet so if she misses with the mini pitcher it's easy to clean up.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:59 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Right now my 3 year old is eating a brownie.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 1:02 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• My kids eat chicken soup, pasta, noodles, homemade pizza, chicken nuggets, mac n cheese...sometimes we do "special lunch" where I put a bunch of things on a plate, crackers, grape tomatoes, apple sauce, fresh fruit, baby carrots, pretzels, etc...whatever I can find, the more choices on the plate, the better the chances of them eating it all for some reason...
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:02 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• lunch we always do something quick bc hubby at work then i cook a big healthy dinner but for lunch we do .. pizza rools chicken nuggs fish sticks french fries or something like that
    ashley_nick30

Answer by ashley_nick30 at 2:36 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• My kids are in school but this could be used for a packed school lunch or just when you are on the go. I freeze GoGurts the night before and put them in their lunch boxes. It keeps the food cold and it is a little thawed when lunch time comes so its like eating a icecream.
    twinsofmine

Answer by twinsofmine at 7:01 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• hummus with veggies and whole wheat pita
    whole grain pasta with steamed veggies and sauce (peanut, cheese, marinara, etc.)
    tortilla pizza (whole wheat tortilla with sauce, cheese, shredded veggies)

Answer by rkoloms at 8:42 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Usually eggs with cheese and veggies. Peanut butter sandwiches, slices of cheese and fruit, cottage cheese topped with dry (non sugary) cereal and fruit, etc. If there are leftover from the previous night that have toddler appeal, we'll have those (noodles tossed with diced tomatoes is a favorite around here). I've been known to serve breakfast a second time, if there were leftover pancakes, waffles, or slices of french toast available. We tend to eat a fairly substantial breakfast, snack throughout the day (ah toddler stomachs and pregnant mommies!), and have a hearty dinner at the end of the day so "lunch" is more or less an all day affair around here.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 11:20 PM on Aug. 31, 2009