Do Pediatricians care to notify possible bad reactions from the vaccines?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes...if you choose to read the material before or after the shots, then you know the side effects. Also, is you do your own research, which you shoud be doing anyway..then you should be able to make an informed decision, which I made when I decided to vax my dd. To me the benefits outweigh the risks. But that's MY opinion after I did MY research.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:04 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Mine tells me all the reactions that can come from it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:59 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I should also add that I do my own research on them as well
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:00 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• What for?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• My pediatricians have always had me sign a form before the vaccinations are done stating that he/she went over all the information with me beforehand.

Answer by missanc at 1:01 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• anon: did you know that the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program was created to CEASED costly litigation against drug manufacturers and health care professionals who administer vaccines? OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I don't think that Doctors should overwhelm patients with "too much" information.

I think that the numbers of cases of children having a severe reaction to the vaccines are minimal parents should not be alarmed with possible side effects or severe reactions to the vaccines.

You can always ask to your Doctor but I think that Doctors know what they are doing and patients should trust them. I'm not saying trust them completely but you know...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• As a parent it is YOUR job to do all of the research of anything that your child will be taking (Whether it be a vaccine , medication , food, whatever..) ... That is what a responsible parent should be doing regardless of whether the pediatrician warns you or not. But yes, my sons pediatricians has always had information booklets laying around in the room that I read each and every time we go in & when my son is due for a vaccination the nurse gives me all the information to read before it is given.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 1:09 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• "You can always ask to your Doctor but I think that Doctors know what they are doing and patients should trust them. I'm not saying trust them completely but you know... "

This is very naive...most doctors have no idea what generic drugs there are out there and to blindly assume that they will always get the correct dose is costly...When it comes to medications, I will agree with what my doctor recommends but will check with a pharmacist for the dose and for other medication interactions.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:11 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• "You can always ask to your Doctor but I think that Doctors know what they are doing and patients should trust them."

That's right because doctors know EVERYTHING, right? Thats why there are so many misdiagnosis and malpractice lawsuits every year right? Or people dying because the doctors prescribe either too strong of medication or the wrong type.

I had one doctor constantly prescribe me medications with Aspirin in them even though they knew and I tell them each time i'm seen that i'm allergic to aspirin.... Thank god I have a great pharmacist who warns me before I possibly take these medications and have a severe reaction to them without knowing. .
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 1:18 PM on Aug. 31, 2009